“Amazing but pricey”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Had read the reviews on the lobster roll. It was amazing. So was the price. I had a lobster roll in Long Island from a food truck so I wasn't expecting to pay so much from a take out place. The bread was amazing and there was so much lobster meat. Very good, but very small and pricy. I'd go back and try something else. I would have tried 2 things but didn't have enough money.

1  Thank tiredgirlCanada
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had a lobster roll and NE clam chowder with smoked bacon. My wife says she never liked lobster. She does now! Very fresh and nicely seasoned (not too much so the taste of the fresh lobster stands out). The clam chowder was outstanding as well, among the best I have ever had. It is fun just to walk around in this place as it is more of a fish market than a restaurant. It is not cheap, but it is good!

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Just a bit weary from sight seeing and miles of Manhattan walking we decided to have a "night off" from restaurant eating and make a picnic for our hotel room. Had to have the lobster rolls , so reminiscent of happy holidays in Cape Cod, and they didn't disappoint. Picked up large box of salad and chilled bottle of wine from market next door and headed back to our hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed every single morsel( and we could kick our shoes off and relax too!) Bliss!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

More of a take out fish market to me, but there are areas to eat in kind of a bar stool/table situation. We were experiencing the market and needed lunch, and The Lobster Place was spot on for that. Great selection for choosing, the chowders were incredibly good. Enjoy the hectic hubbub of the market!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

ok food but unknowledgeable chefs. I asked for them to make me a salmon skin roll and they handed me a pre-made one from the refrigerator behind the counter. It was cold. No sushi is supposed to feel chilled. And sushi rice needs to be body temperature and not chilled at all. Salmon skin is served warm (to crisp the skin and warm the cooked meat) on top of body temperature sushi rice. When I said to the sushi chef, this is cold, he said to me, yeah, sushi is supposed to be cold. What a joke.