“Best lobster”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We enjoyed our lobster here. I like picking out the size I want, having them steam it for me, and sitting down and eating just lobster. Doesn't get any better than that.

1  Thank C5LS1

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Lobster Place in Chelsea Market has some of the best seafood in New York. It is fresh and there is a wide variety to chose from. The Maine lobsters are particularly fresh and very tasty indeed. This is definitely one to try.

1  Thank Alexander M
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I am not a big fish person but I lives the soup. The displays are very attractive too. Enjoyable, friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Xine23
Reviewed December 9, 2012

saw the review here on tripadvisor, we wanted to go the opposite direction from midtown so we went down the chelsea market from our hotel near MSG
the lobster place is not really a restaurant per se, more of a fish market and a big one at that,
we ordered a medium steamed lobster from the shack in the back and I ordered a dozen shucked oysters variety. there were at least 12 different kinds.
the lobster is served on a paper place with drawn butter and cut in the right places to make cracking it a bit easier but it's still quite messy to eat especially if you eat at the indoor or outside counters. being black friday the place was packed.
the oysters were served with too little sauce and I saw that as they handed me the paper place and asked for more.
I will say the help at the oyster station were a bit inattentive. there was one guy and a lady ordered some shelled shrimp and he was hand shelling them, at a rather slow pace with his back turned to the growing line, he didn't seem to really care. another guy came to help but he wasn't much more interested in serving anyone any faster.
the sushi here look great and there is a huge selection of fresh fish. we went back for another round of lobster and my nephew got a salad with some salmon, the salmon was fresh but the salad itself was nothing special. they also have a soup station with 4 types of soup that all smelled good.....
the second trip there it wasn't as crowded but we went in the early evening and a lot of items are put away or sold out by then.........

1  Thank rick9cat
Reviewed November 22, 2012

THE BEST LOBSTER ROLLS EVER!!! All I can say is The Lobster Place was so worth the $20 cab ride from the Brooklyn Bridge.

I ordered from the walk up window at the "Shack in the Back." I had the slider combo with a lobster roll, shrimp roll and crab roll- I can not stop talking about this meal! Perfectly sweet, large chunks of lobster meat, succulent crab meat, and delicious tarragon shrimp. I also had the lobster bisque from the soup bar- DELISH!!!

I will go back every time I visit New York. I just wish we didn't wait until our last day in New York to visit the Chelsea Market!

Side note- there is no seating inside, you will have to secure a seat outside in the market.

2  Thank KBerri