“Great location - opposite King and Grove”
Review of The Crooked Knife

The Crooked Knife
Ranked #1,256 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 29 East 30th Street
Transit: 6 train on 33rd and Park Avenue or 28th and Park Avenue. N/R on 28th and Broadway. 12 blocks south of Grand Central Terminal.
Description: Welcome to 'The Crooked Knife' pub and restaurant. We have a warm bar, charming dining room and outside dining, serving a variety of International, American, Irish and Italian dishes and daily specials. Conveniently located at 29 East 30th St., on the edge northern edge of Gramercy, just south of Midtown and East of Murray Hill, The Crooked Knife is a great environment for a business lunch, dinner out with friends or late-night drinks at the bar.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food, service and location to hotel.
The restaurant is very popular so it is best to book. There is also a separate bar area if you just wish to have a drink.

1  Thank Sally57O

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal and drinks at the Crooked Knife. The food was very enjoyable and the 2 for 1 prosecco was a great deal! Also, the service was fantastic - our server Leslie, was so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good restaurant across from our hotel king and grove. Reasonably priced and good menu. Would recommend for dinner. They have a live jazz band playing the night we were there.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

we went with a large party for a reunion.They were able to accommodate a party of 10 last minute (this should have been a red flag) as we waited at the bar water of unknown origin dripped from the ceiling onto me. Our waitress ignored us once the entire party arrived. She took a drink order from one person and left.the restaurant was busy, in fact there were probably only 25 people there including our party. I watched a bus boy EAT OFF PLATES as they were coming out the back door. I observed this twice. I also saw a tall man with a tie (I'm assuming the manager or owner) eat food in the busing station, LICK HIS FINGERS and then go behind the door. If this was going on in the busing station I am afraid to ask what goes on behind closed doors in the kitchen. All of my fries were 'broken' and looked like they were recycled from a previous diner. They also forgot to serve pickles with 2 of the meals. If your trying to get your money's worth of your paid sick days, the crooked knife is your best bet.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised walking down 30th street to discover this great restaurant for a very good lunch at very reasonable prices.The Tortilla Soup and Fried Calamari were excellent appetizers and the Fish and Chips and Chicken Pot Pie were great. I saw many sandwiches and wraps go by and they all looked super. Good Staff great service and a wonderful ambiance looking out onto the street. The whol;e front of the restaurant opens up like french doors. I will be back