“Lovely respite”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between 61st & 62nd Street
Transit: Q,R,N,F,4,5,6 to 59 street & 63 street subway stations on Lexington Avenue.
Description: Pane e Vino is an Italian Restaurant located on Manhattan Upper East Side in the vicinity of the flagship Bloomingdale's store on Lexington Avenue. It's creative menu, attractive location and experienced team offer an inviting fair right here in New York City. Pane e Vino's proximity to Bloomingdale's makes this a perfect spot for pre or post shopping dinning. Is all about wine, great food and good times at Pane e Vino.
New York City, New York
“Lovely respite”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Two friends and I meet at Pane e Vino each month. We stumbled into it some time ago and were charmed by the attentive maitre/owner, the high quality of the meal, the quiet, and the sense that we could indeed sit there all afternoon should we wish. It is close to Bloomingdale's, which makes the quiet an even greater blessing. Thank you.

• Visited April 2012

CT
“Nice atmosphere, good food and friendly service”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had lunch there with a friend who lives in NYC and suggested that we go there as it is a place where the tables are not too close together and we could talk and have a good meal. She was absolutely correct. Most enjoyable. However, do be careful to ask the price of the specials as they are way more expensive than other items on the menu.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank CTNan
dublin,ireland
“Alright food, terrible service”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My colleague and I went there for dinner about a month ago. The food was alright, although the fish wasn't good great. We got our check and paid along with a 20% tip. We were just finishing up our drinks when our waiter came back and said that the computer was going to add on another $10 as we hadn't tipped enough. We argued back and said that we had given just over 20% and that nothing had better be added to our card. He kept arguing that it wasn't him that was going to do it, it was the computer. We advised him that nothing had better be added as we had paid and left an adequate tip. I'm not sure if he calculated it wrong himself or if he just thought we were gullible tourists, but it ruined our evening and I would not return to this place again.

• Visited September 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
“Fantastic food, good prices, excellent service”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We went to Pane E Vino twice and enjoyed homemade pasta, chef's hand-made buffalo mozzarella & veal tonnato. This is a really exceptional little restaurant achieving the art of creating excellent food in a relaxed but sophisticated atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
“Traditional and Great”
Reviewed June 29, 2006

Pane e Vino is a great Italian restaurant. At least once a week my friends and I get together to drink great wine and good food. This restaurant has a very relaxed atmosphere. As in any truly traditional Italian restaurants I can eat my food in peace without a waiter looming over me. Italian food is to be savored and enjoyed with friends and love ones, not rushed liked American food.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member