“False Happy Hour for Basic Sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr. Robata

Mr. Robata
Ranked #5,237 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd & 53rd St.
Transit: #1, #9 , B , D , E Trains available.
Description: Right in the heart of Broadway, New York's entertainment district, Mr. Robata offers the finest contemporary Japanese cuisine in the city. Our expert chefs personify New York boldness, mixing daring inspiration with a fine dining atmosphere. Our dynamic menu will delight you with a variety of the highest grade sushi, robata, and chef's specials. Join us and share in an ageless tradition of indulgence. Robata: A Rustic Japanese grilling technique originating from the country farmhouses of Japan; our chefs attentively grill over charcoal to maintain precise temperatures, constantly tending the grill to achieve perfection-Robata embodies what authentic Japanese food is all about. Achieving perfection! Like New York nightlife, Mr. Robata mixes fine ingredients with expert technique. Our chef gracefully integrates the theory of Japanese Kaiseki with his French restaurant experience, imbuing each dish with the subtlety of Japan and the bold sauces of storied French cuisine.
Colleyville
“False Happy Hour for Basic Sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went for the happy hour specials and the good selection of drinks. We got high priced drinks with limited food selections at happy hour prices.
Sushi was average and priced between $4-$5 per piece. Too high for what you get. The happy hour consisted mostly of rolls which were mostly rice and "filler".

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Clearwater, United States
“Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

The atmosphere in this small sushi grill was very comfortable. My favorite part of my meal, which included their New York New York sushi roll (yummy) was the delectable grilled artichoke! If I had had any idea how good that was going to be, I probably would have skipped the sushi roll. I will eat there when I return to NYC!

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Sushi cuisine in heart of Broadway theaters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I took my sister here because we remembered a restaurant of the same name on the upper east side, minus the Mr. We ordered sushi and were impressed with the modern presentation. Overall, the décor could use some classing up, and the service was a bit wan, but the food and wine, although pricey, was fabulous!

• Visited January 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Wonderful Restaurant and Superb Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We took a chance at Mr Robata after the Letterman taping and we were pleasantly surprised.

Sushi was top notch and the service matched the food.

Service staff was friendly and attentive.

Worth a visit if your in the area.

Visited December 2013
Metro Manila, Philippines
“Great Food & Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for Gallagher's Steakhouse which recently closed and found this place nearby, the filet mignon was done perfectly rare the way I ordered it and my wife's seabass was fresh and delicious. I also ordered sashimi sea urchin which was also very fresh and good. Great service as well. I would definitely recommend this place.