“Great Food for the Price”
Review of Maharaja Palace - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maharaja Palace
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Description: Maharaja Palace offers the most exquisite Indian cuisine on the Upper East Side. Our specialty is authentic Northern Indian food served at its finest. From our tandoori dishes to our aromatic curry dishes, our food takes you on delicious trip to India.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went here last night on a Groupon. We had read the other reviews and were interested to see what happened. It is a small, clean, dimly lit restaurant (I think they do a good trade in deliveries). The Waiters were nice enough and gave good advice on the food and explained what was in and out of the Groupon (i.e. the higher priced special appetizers, main courses etc were out)
We had the Samosas & Baghare Jinga, Chicken Madras and the Lamb with a garlic nan. We really enjoyed it the food was very tasty.
My only negative was the sauces were a little dry, but my wife loved it that way, so she can give it 5 stars in her review :) For what this restaurant is and the quality of the food, I would come back and would recommend to others.

1  Thank Robert C

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The decor as you enter is not inviting, staff clothing greets you hanging on a rack even before you enter the restaurant. This is your welcome. The service is not very good some staff are surly and not at all into customer service. Some of the staff are very polite and service minded.The FOOD IS VERY GOOD, with the exception of the complimentary papas they give you, they are usually rancid? Their chicken tikka , Marsala baby lamb chops, konju papas (shrimp) all excellent dishes. Their brianyi's wonderful. Don't go for Buffett Brunch not up to par but good place for dinner, if you can overlook the poor staff attitudes.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Purchased a Group on was excited to visit, this place turned into a nightmare. When the bill arrived as good Group on etiquette demands, we tipped on the actual price of the food. Here is the ILLEGAL part, the total of the bill they give you is inflated; the prices on the menu & the bill do not add up! We tipped on the "actual" total bill amt. They flipped out & made a scene. They were caught. They then had the nerve to demand that we tip on their fake total bill amt. Will never go their again. Reported them to Group On. There are many fine Indian restaurants with better food in NYC. Avoid the drama, if they are dishonest with bill amounts would hate to think about what they are doing back in the kitchen! CROOKS!

1  Thank Donna0707
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Average restaurant with good food, good service and nice atmosphere . I had chicken tikka masala which taste good. I will be back here again to try chicken tikka masala.

1  Thank DonaMecanzie
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I’ve had better Indian food elsewhere. I don’t think I’ll come back again except to try the Chicken Tikka Masala and hope it tastes better then the Lamb Curry Box that I tried. It was expensive lunch of $8.17, that comes with naan, white rice, curry lab, and a vegetable (which I ate NONE of). When I came in, there was only 1 group of people here and that says something about this place….