“Good for brunch and groups but not great food”
Review of Ditch Plains UWS - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between Amsterdam Ave and Columbus Ave
Transit: Train-B,C,1 Bus-M79,M7,M11,M86
Description: New York-Style Oyster Bar & Fish Shack.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a good place to meet for brunch, with or without kids. It has ample seating, a wide selection of menu items and oyster crackers. The food is fine, but not great.

The food, service and value are better than "Good Enough to Eat" (which barely lives up to it's name).

1  Thank pweiss

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place was recommended by a friend who lives in Manhattan. Being fans of Marc Murphy we decided to try it. We arrived with our 6&8 year olds and were pleasantly surprised. The menu has a very well balanced kids selection. It is obvious that local families frequent this establishment. Yes, there were several strollers just as other reviewers noted, but it wasn't a chaotic atmosphere. In fact by the time we arrived at 7:00 most kids were leaving. The food was great. Had the award winning burger and amazing jalapeño tater tots. HOWEVER, what sold me on this place was our server, Jeff. He was fantastic and very knowledgable. I appreciate charming staff, and this place rates high because of it.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

my family came here for an early breakfast on saturday morning. good menu options for lunch/brunch and even an all day menu available. The staff was very friendly and they took into account that we were on a time crunch. Want to come back again!!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Let me start by saying how much I love Marc Murphy's Landmarc. I love both locations and eat there regularly. I talked my friends into visiting Ditch Plains and talked up the food.
It became clear when we walked up that the UWS mommies have found a home. A stroller used car lot greets you right away. There were kids and families everywhere. It seems like Marc has given in and decided to play along with the family crowd and this is a Manhattan version of Chuck E. Cheese. Unfortunately the food falls in line.
The burgers were awful. They arrived cold and tasteless. You might want to ditch the ditch dogs too. It's a shame. Our server was friendly but clearly cared more about the private room than us. Really bad experience. Back to Landmarc I go...

1  Thank conciergeinnewyork
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went for a mid-week late lunch with niece and mother. Pretty empty, but it was 2pm. Cool decor, spacious tables and summer beach vibe. Good selection of salads and light lunch options, and simple but adequate kids menu. Service was casual and friendly. My mom liked that the tables weren't so close together and it had lots of natural light making lunch feel very leisurely and relaxed. A bit pricey, but nothing outrageous.