“Excellent food and staff!!!”
Review of City Sandwich

City Sandwich
Ranked #1,345 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Excellent food and staff!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

It's a tiny hole that we found while running to a show n starving. The owner was there both times we went there(yes we had to come back before we left NY), he is super nice and caring, and so is his employees. We got great recommendations and it was delicious! The bread, the ingredients, everything. We hope they open one in Miami soon!

1 Thank BikerKittyKat7

california
“Great Sandwiches and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went here on a food on foot tour. Really great different sandwiches. The grilled veggies were fresh, hot, and not over cooked. Bread has a crunchy crust, without being too,hard.
The staff could not have been nicer, even when mobbed with 30 plus people, from the tour, all at one time. If you are in the neighborhood, don't miss it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Grandma51
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Probably not the best sandwich in NYC, but a very good sandwich”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Like the previous reviewer, I too was skeptical about the boast that this place had the best sandwich in town. Unfortunately, unlike the previous reviewer, I am not convinced that is it indeed the best. I have eaten all over NYC and I found this place better than average, but not someplace that I would go out of my way to tell someone about.

Pros:
1. The menu selection is excellent
2. The ingredients are good, and the bread tastes homemade.
3. The interior is NYC chic, with modern table and a menu that are many tiles on the wall.

Neutral:
1. The price is appropriate for the area.

Cons:
1. I often become wary of the hype when something is declared "the best". In this case, it was not the best. I would say it is "better than Panera." I am not being harsh, because I really enjoy Panera, but it would take a lot more convincing for me to declare this the best.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank psudino
New Jersey
“Is this really the best sandwich in NYC?”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were searching for a place to have lunch on 9th Ave and saw this place. While browsing the menu from the window, another patron who was entering commented that place has the best sandwiches in NYC.

To confirm his assertion, we decided to go in and take a look. At first, I was a bit skeptical (as usual) since I don't believe that a sandwich should sell for $10+ dollars! Seeing that there were other people sitting and anxiously waiting on their orders, we decided to try.

What can I say? This chef is a genius! Who could believe that someone could make sandwiches this good with mayo?! I was dumbfounded with the taste and flavors that came from eat bite that I crave more just thinking about them!

I will definitely go back!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank jatrekker
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Amazing sandwich”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went here on the food on foot tour,what an amazing taste and soo freshly made,nice and crispy and the flavour of the sandwich was to die for.
Must be the best sandwich shop in the city,brilliant service and really friendly staff,keep it up fantastic,this is a must if your down 9th avenue.

• Visited June 2012