“The Best. Period.”

Book In Advance
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Private New York City High Line and Greenwich Village Walking Tour
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall Street Walking Tour Including...
Ranked #8 of 644 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow us to personalize a private, immersive and memorable NYC sightseeing tour for you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 11, 2014

After doing a fantastic Central Park tour with Max in 2012, I booked another tour with CityRover Walks for my family and I the weekend before Christmas.

This time it was to do the High Line, Chelsea Market and Meatpacking District. Max was unavailable on the day of our tour and instead we were with Danielle. I was unsure at first if anyone could possibly compete with Max, as I felt that my Central Park tour was perhaps one of the best I've ever taken, but was so pleased that Danielle was every bit as good and informative as Max.

There's a reason that this is one of the top TripAdvisor activities in NYC with as many excellent reviews as there are: They are simply GREAT.

From start to finish Max was fantastic about communication with me prior to the tour in helping me set it up, the times (which they adjusted to meet our schedule), and even put it together fairly hastily as I was very last-minute in my planning.

Then the tour itself with Danielle was so informative, insightful and all four of us (including our two teenaged daughters) were really engaged and felt as though we'd really learned a lot about what we were seeing, the history and fun facts that we'd have never known.

Don't even think about hesitating to book a tour with CityRover Walks. You won't find one better. PERIOD. Thanks Max and Danielle! We loved it and will be back to do another as soon as we return to NYC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

A friend of ours told us that when next in New York, we MUST take a walking tour with Max of Cityrover. They told us it didn't matter where the tour went, we just had to do it. Well, we booked a private tour with Max, which we did on January 6, and it was not a disappointment, despite the high expectations. Max is an engaging, charming, intelligent and knowledgeable guide. He assessed our needs and wants immediately, and showed just the write balance of flexibility and directiveness in planning and continually adjusting our walk based on our interests, energy level, weather conditions, etc. He really did his research the morning of our walk, to make sure all conditions were a "go". He confirmed with us the day before, and was prompt to meet us exactly where and when we had agreed. I would echo our friend's recommendation: when in NYC, take a walk with Max.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This December we did our 2nd tour of New York with Max. As on our first tour, Max did not disappoint. Max has an unbelievable way of presenting the information in a fun and entertaining fashion. A tour with Max is now on our must do list anytime we visit New York City.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family (2 adults and 2 14-year old kids) did 2 tours with Max on our recent trip to NYC. We all had a great time and learned a lot about the city. Max is a great tour guide and just a fun person to be touring the city with. It was also fun getting to know the other people on our tour a little bit.

We will book more tours with CityRover Walks in NY when we are back in town.

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Rebecca, thank you so much for booking two CityRover tours ahead of time and for being great company along the way. I especially appreciate your willingness to walk in the rain. I'm so glad you enjoyed both tours.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This December we ventured on our third and fourth tours with Max at CityRover Walks. Having been on two previous tours with him, we knew exactly what we were in for, and Max did not disappoint!

Doing a tour with Max is like going for a walk with your friends. It's relaxed, informal, engaging and informative. He keeps the groups small so that he can get to know everyone and include them in the conversations. Depending on the particular tour you go on, he will keep you well fed and watered for the 3 or 4 hours; the most memorable ones being the AMAZING Bleecker Street Pizza and the pints of ale in McSorley's, the oldest bar in town.

Our tours this year were The Village Sampler and The City of Dreams which showed us a whole new part of the city, away from the bright lights and department stores. We know where we'll be heading on our next visit! It's worth remembering that you can book a private tour to mix and match a few parts of different tours that you'd like to see.

Max will show you more of New York in 3 hours that you would ever see on TEN Bus Tours. Put on your walking shoes and enjoy seeing NYC exactly how it should be seen!

1  Thank alicat84

Hi Alison, it was great to see you and the family two years later. Thanks for hanging out with me on two different tours once again. I had a great time with you and really felt like I was showing friends from Dublin around town. See you in two years?