“Go. Go. GO on the City Rover Tour!!”
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
Book In Advance
More Info
$280.00*
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall...
Ranked #11 of 659 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow us to personalize a private, immersive and memorable NYC sightseeing tour for you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was in NYC with my husband who is not big on tours. He hates big groups and being corralled along. I read the reviews of City Rover and based upon the small sizes and only 3 tour guides, I took a gamble and booked the Landmarks tour. It. Was. Fantastic!! It was fun, informative, and the time flew by. I was worried that 3 hours of walking would feel like a lot but the pace was comfortable and they took seated breaks along the way.

I honestly can't say enough about this tour. My only regret was that we couldn't fit in another one later in our trip. We'll absolutely find CityRover for our next trip!

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi Lara, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I'm so glad you booked with us and enjoyed your time with my trusted colleague, Rodney, on our Landmark Explorer tour. Thanks for spreading the word, and please come back and see us again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,455)
All reviews
in 42 reviews
"great stories"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a fantastic tour with Max in Central Park. He was extremely personable and very knowledgable about the city in a very natural conversational manner. Walking is the best way to learn the secrets that are hidden within and Max was a delight in unveiling them. We plan to do his tours on our next trip to NYC.

1  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My first trip to New York and I wanted to learn and see New York but not on a big bus being yelled at through a microphone and hoping I would hear and not miss something or being dropped off by a guide and being told to meet back in 15 minutes.
Then through Trip Advisor I found City Rover Walks, what a find, like hitting gold.
I did the Village Sampler tour with the amazing Danielle, then the following day I did the Brooklyn Bridge tour with the brilliant Max and today did the Landmark Explorer with the wonderful Rodney.
The tours were everything I wanted and more. From the moment I booked I was kept up to date with emails and I just cannot speak highly enough about City Rover Walks. Do yourself a favour book with them, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed November 12, 2013

While in New York last month, a friend and I took both the Brooklyn Bridge tour and the Central Park tour with Max, and they were both fantastic. Max is an amazing guide, who brings a lot of enthusiasm to exploring the city. CityRover tours are in small groups, which is so important. Smaller groups allow you the opportunity to interact with the guide and each other. Every time I go to New York, I visit Central Park, but after the tour, I now see the park as a series of beautiful paintings. Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is pretty amazing by itself, but after hearing the history of the bridge, I have a tremendous amount of respect for the engineers who designed it and the laborers who constructed it.

I have been to New York a number of times in the last two years, and these tours were definitely highlights. I have advised friends visiting New York next year that CityRover walking tours are a must for them, and I look forward to taking other tours in the future.