“AWESOME!! Highlight of our trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CityRover Walks NY

and up
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Ranked #7 of 594 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our public and private walking tours feature small groups, fun guides, memorable sights and stories, and local snack stops. Discover NYC on foot with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Florence, AL
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“AWESOME!! Highlight of our trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I chose the Village Sampler because we didn't really know a whole lot about this area of town and we thought it would be nice to have someone who knew the area well walk us through it. We were not disappointed. This is WELL worth the money.

The 5 star reviews are all very accurate and I would recommend this to anyone! (As long as they can handle walking for 3 hours)

Danielle was our tour guide and she was awesome! Funny, knowledgeable, courteous, and she was even interested in the things that we knew about the area. She showed us so much and really did a great job of explaining the history, the architecture, the culture and the art of the areas we saw. This tour is great and you get to see lots of things that most tourists don't get to see or at least most don't even know to go to.

If we take another trip to the city, this will definitely be on our itinerary. We hope to go back with friends and book a private tour, this might be even more fun if that is even possible.

Thanks Danielle! We had a blast.

By the way, they communicate with you very well via email and text with schedule and meeting place. I even texted Danielle the night before our tour to ask about a place to have breakfast before our tour. She suggested a nice little bakery at Chelsea Market and it was wonderful.

• Arabic first
Irvington, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“City Rover Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

So far my wife and I have taken 4 tours with Max and we think he's the best you'll find in NYC. We've lived in NY our entire lives and have learned more from Max then I did when I was in school. Max thinks of everything. You get snacks, bathroom breaks, water, etc. He is extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. I recommend without reservation. Go and have a wonderful time

Yonkers, New York
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“City of Dreams tour is wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have been on many City Rover tours and each one is perfect! this time we went on the City of Dreams and had a wonderful afternoon. This was our first time with Danielle and she is just a delight......her knowledge of NYC is awesome and her love of the City is infectious! She met the group with water and a smile......and made everyone feel comfortable......we learned things about NYC we never knew....and if you did not have Danielle you would never know some of the places we saw. We learned about all the ethnic groups who called the area home...the snacks were an added bonus.....there was even a bathroom stop if needed! Whether you live in NYC area or just a tourist this is a fascinating and educational and fun time.....wear good walking shoes!

New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Village Sampler-From the High Line to Washington Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in learning about and experiencing the Village , the High Line (which was amazing) and other NYC landmarks that are off the beaten path for even a native New Yorker...this tour with it's samplings and information about the Chelsea Market alone was remarkable. DO IT!!!!

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Brooklyn Bridge and Dumbo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is my 5th tour with Max. I am a native New Yorker and a history teacher. Every time I go on a tour with City Rovers I learn so much new information. Max is not only informative...he is passionate about his city. He is approachable. He knows how to respect the people on his tour and respect the neighborhoods we visit. In addition, he limits the tour to 12 people which respects the integrity of the tour
and makes it intimate so dialogue can go on while traveling from site to site.