“Six Hour City Rover - Excellent Experience!”
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
Book In Advance
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall Street Walking Tour Including...
Private New York City High Line and Greenwich Village Walking Tour
Private New York City Midtown Landmarks Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow us to personalize a private, immersive and memorable NYC sightseeing tour for you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first time in New York and my girlfriend's second. We decided to do a 6 hour private tour of midtown and surrounding areas with City Rover. Max met us at our hotel and was very friendly and personable. Since it was a private tour Max customized the tour throughout based on what we wanted to see. Unfortunately it rained for some of the tour but Max rolled with it and used those times to bring us to a great cafe in Little Italy and to show us the Chelsea Market. Overall, Max had a great knowledge of the city's history and had no problem answering all of our questions (I don't think we stumped him once). I highly recommend a private tour with Max if you want a tour with someone who has a passion for the city and wants to ensure his guests get the most out of what the city has to offer. Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes and be prepared to cover a lot of ground! I definitely plan to check out another City Rover tour the next time I am in the city.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was very easy to book my tour of Central Park with Max, I then received several emails to confirm, explain and set up the visit so even if I had never been on such a tour, I was very comfortable going alone to the rendez vous place at the entrance of the Park.
Max was the BEST GUIDE one could hope, he made us feel welcome to "his home": the stories he told, the places he took us to, the spots he chose for pleasant breaks...it was a small group, 11 people only, so he had time and patience for every question we had. He took pictures for us, he had answers for all the questions we had, he made us discover the belgian waffles sold in the Park AND he had advices and directions for all of us after the tour ended!
His deep knowledge and real passion for the City is highly contagious so BEWARE! you will be left wanting for more!
Good thing there are many options to discover the city with Max's tours!
Thank you Max!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently returned from NYC & had the opportunity to join the City of Dreams walking tour. I have "City Rovered" with Max a number of times and each tour is unique, full of interesting facts and just down right fabulous. Choose any tour and walk with New Yorkers and visitors alike. You will be happy you did!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My sisters and I recently met in New York and had the pleasure of meeting Max. We totally enjoyed the CityRover walking tours experience with him. Max is very knowledgeable, approachable, courteous, passionate, and well organized. I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 tours we did and look forward to doing more tours on my next visit to NYC. This is a must do for everyone.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been on countless tours in various countries. The 2 my husband and I did with City Rover in December were AWESOME. Our 2nd day in NYC we did the "Village Sampler" tour with Danielle. She was so fun, and kept things fresh; it didn't sound overly rehearsed, and her love and knowledge of the city really added to the experience. From that trip, we found which parts of the city were our favorite (Chelsea! And the Highline!), and found restaurants and shops we made a point to checkout during the rest of our trip.

We enjoyed it so much that we booked the Central Park tour with Max. He was full of so many great stories and knowledge of this incredible park. You can tell he loves what he does. Thanks again Max, from the firefighter-turned-CFO and his wife! :)

BOTTOM LINE: you will get SO much more out of the city by booking one of these than if you go it alone with a guidebook. They are the perfect amount of time, super reasonable, and were the highlight of our trip. Can't wait to do another on our return trip!

TIP: Book the "Village Sampler" for your first day in the city! This helps you plan the rest of your trip around the places you're most interested in :)