“Definitely worth it.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Ranked #7 of 585 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our public and private walking tours feature small groups, fun guides, memorable sights and stories, and local snack stops. Discover NYC on foot with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Johannesburg
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Definitely worth it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I recently did both the Village Sampler (Danielle) and Central Park (Max) tours. I would highly recommend going on them. Especially the Central Park walk with Max was a delight. We even got lucky with some snow during the walk, which made it magical. Both Danielle and Max had an engaging style which helped to make everyone in the group feel comfortable from the start and both tours were great fun, despite the December cold.

Visited December 2012

• Arabic first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than ever expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Be prepared to walk a lot. Central Park is enormous. The tour is intimate, informative and the best thing I did in New York City. Booking again my next trip so I can take the tour with my husband to share the wonders and history of NY through Central Park:)

Visited August 2012
Miami, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Exploring New York...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband & I booked a private tour with Max this December 2012. Max put together the tour based on our interests. Although we did want some background on the "typical" sights, we also wanted to learn about New York City outside of the Times Square/Theater District. We really enjoyed getting to know the other neighborhoods, the history behind places you might just walk by, and the insight Max offered into places to eat, drink, & visit. We loved that because of Max's experience, we were able to learn & see so much of the city in 4 hours. It was the perfect introduction to NYC. I would highly recommend Max as guide for this complex city. He is very knowledgeable & offers the perfect balance between history, pop culture, & recommendations.

Visited December 2012
Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you, Emily, for taking the time to submit this review and for adding a private tour with CityRover to your trip months in advance. I am so glad you and Joel enjoyed our time touring different parts of NYC together and very much appreciate your kind words. I really enjoyed your company and hope we can tour again in the future. It was also great to see your reaction to the first signs of snow, as we approached the New York Public Library building.
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing and insightful tour through the Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our family recommended City Rover tours and even though it was our 4th trip to NY we decided to give it ago as we hadn't done a tour in NY before. It is amazing how much you can learn about this city! We did the Beer. Food and History tour. It was the first time Max had run this new tour and we ended up having a private tour with just the 2 of us in the group. The places Max took us to were incredible and the stories to tell were impressive. Plenty of food and a few drinks to wash them down, we couldn't have asked for a better tour. Next time in NY we will definitely be booking another tour with Max's group. (We even bumped into Max in Central Park a few days later and he didn't hesitate to say hi and have a chat).

Good luck with your wedding Max and see you next time!!

Visited November 2012
Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hi Simone, thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor! When I was putting the tour together, I figured the combination of talking, walking, drinking beer, and eating pizza might be a good way to spend a few hours in NYC, so I'm glad the inaugural Beer, Food, and History walking tour left a positive impression on you guys. Also, thanks for your kind personal note, and I really do hope we'll get to tour the city again.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Village Sampler tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Although my husband and I had a NY Pass, we decided to pay for this walking tour and so glad we did....by far better than any tour included in the NY pass... Our guide Daniella was fun, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the area.....