“More than "Just Another Day"”
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
Book In Advance
Private New York City Midtown Landmarks Walking Tour
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall Street Walking Tour Including...
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Ranked #7 of 628 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our public and private walking tours feature small groups, fun guides, memorable sights and stories, and local snack stops. Discover NYC on foot with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Memphis
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“More than "Just Another Day"”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

During a long weekend in the New York, based on the advice of friends and TripAdvisor, we booked the Central Park Rover tour with Max. Booking via the internet was easy and confirmation was quick. The rain started just as the tour did. Max was very well prepared - extra umbrellas, ponchos and an alternate route with more cover. Fortunately for us, the major downpour stopped soon and we resumed his normal path after the first 30 minutes.

His insight to the details and stories about the history of the park, as well as the current uses greatly helped us understand how important this area is. The information conveyed revealed how the visions of the architects came to life since its inception. We left knowing the "whos, hows and whys" of many areas within the park.

By including bathroom breaks and a water stop, we never felt hurried. He answered all questions yet maintained a good pace thru the park. A printed map with local transportation details delivered at the end of the tour made finding our way to the next New York event a breeze. Our only regret was that we were unable to book the Brooklyn Heights tour the day before ... Another reason to return to NY soon. I would recommend, without hesitation, this company and specifically this tour to all interested.

• Arabic first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great tours with great guides”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I took both The Village Sampler (with Danielle) and the Central Park tour in one day (with Max). It was a perfect way to spend the day! I wouldn't have enjoyed these areas nearly as much without all the information and insight provided by these two. I highly recommend booking with Max and Danielle. They're great! If I ever make it back to NYC, I plan to book the Brooklyn Bridge tour!
Thanks again, Max and Danielle, for the great tours!

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Julie, thank you for spending the entire Thursday with us and for your kind words. You were great company, which made the tours all-the-more fun to lead for Danielle and me. Hope to see you on another tour next time.
Porto, Portugal
“Amazing Tours!!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been in New York for 5 days. It was my first time in New York and hopefully I had the opportunity to do all three CityRover public tours (Central Park Rover, The Bridge to Brooklyn and The Village Sampler).

At first, I had booked only the “Central Park Rover” and “The Bridge to Brooklyn” tours because were the two places that I really wanted to go. But, I learned so much about the city in these two tours that I could not leave New York without do “The Village Sampler” tour… And this last tour was simply amazing!!!! It was: “Save the best for last”, literally!!!!! The tour guide Max was the responsible for it!!! We can see the passion he has for the city and the stories he knows about it….

I only have one complain…… they only have three public tours!!!!!

I recommend these tours for all tourists especially for Portuguese tourists….

Obrigado Max for showing me your beautiful and amazing city!!!! I will return…..

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Lilia, I should be saying "Obrigado" to you for joining all 3 of our public tours. It was great hanging out with you and learning a bit about Portugal along the way. I hope you enjoyed your time in NY enough to come back again, and I promise that if/when you do, we will have new public tours for you to participate in. Until then, tudo de melhor.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“NYC in the Fall”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Was fortunate to be a part of the CityRover walking tours this past week. Max was a great guide for my first visit to Central Park and the Chelsea/meatpacking district tours. There were so many small details and little known stories behind the development of each of the areas we visited. Max made the tours very interesting through the info he provided and the many questions he graciously allowed each of us to ask throughou the days.

I would highly recommend signing up for a tour with Max. The next time I'm in town I hope to join up for the Brooklyn Bridge tour. Thank you Max!!!

Kensington CAUSA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“New sights and information on Central Park rover-well worth it”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

As a Californian, I had visited the park perhaps 5 times over the years. This was the most enjoyeable walk I have taken in the park over all those trips. New discoveries that you would ordinarily miss. Great guide and even snacks and water along the way.