“Incredible food and fantastic service”
Review of Danji

Danji
Reserve with OpenTable
Danji is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #356 of 14,593 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have never really eaten Korean food before and was slightly apprehensive before coming here. However, this was the best meal we had in New York and very reasonably priced for the quality and service. Our waiter was incredibly knowledgable and helpful, and very honest re: how much food we would need. The restaurant is small (you can only book for 6 or more guests) so get here early if you want to be guaranteed a spot. I will be telling my friends to try this place during any future visits.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Usually I don't give 5 stars but this restaurant deserves it. I usually don't tip 20% but I did here.. that speaks for the amazing service here.. They were also quick to get our food so that we could catch the show on time..
This place is quite expensive.. Portions are small. But the food is just out of the world. We were lucky to get a table without reservation but I would recommend getting a table reserved here.

Things we tried and absolutely loved:
Spicy Pork Belly Sliders
Kimchi Bacon Chorizo paella
Spicy 'k.f.c.' Korean Fire Chicken Wings
Danji Braised Short Ribs (they just melted in my mouth)
Scallion & Korean Pepper Pancake

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Great service, horrible food. Don't waste your time here. We ordered 6 plates and only 1 was tolerable. I dont eat red meat, but my husbands beef smelled like dog food.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a great little gem in Midtown West! Food is delicious, wait staff are friendly and efficient. Recommend the beef and pork slider. If going for lunch get there early as this place fills up quick and I imagine it will be the same way for dinner.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have had no exposure to Korean food until I came here with a friend. Great drinks and lovely plates of bites we all shared. I will come again and explore the menu