“Disappointing and overpriced for what you get!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Bliss 57
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bliss 57 features an over-the-top treatment menu that includes our famous facials, mesmerizing massages, and mind-boggling body treatments. This spa location caters to our indigenously uptown clientele (celebrities, supermodels, moms) by offering the same unique vibe, along with some aaah-inspiring improvements, including 11 oversized treatment rooms (including a wet room, a luxe nail lounge, men's and women's locker rooms and lounges. Trademark bliss touches-like a cleverly compiled menu of super effective services, rhythm and blues tunes, and legendary brownie buffet-set a fun, upbeat tone to top off the space.
Bogota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointing and overpriced for what you get!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

I don’t usually splurge on facials but decided to try the much hyped oxygen facial on my birthday. Both the spa and the facial I received were very average. The technician casually asked me if I wanted a collagen mask and I presumed this was part of the facial I had paid over 150 USD for. I happened to clarify this however and was told it was another 70 odd dollars! The way she asked me, if I hadn’t clarified I would have assumed it was part of what I paid for! Also, found the reception staff very indifferent. Not rude per se, but did absolutely nothing to make you feel welcome or comfortable. Very functional and unfriendly. Considering how much I paid I was very disappointed. I will not be going back again and will definitely spread the word about my experience.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very pleased with this spa!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

I had a very nice experience here today. Got a Pedi-Colada (YUMMY!) and a Hot Cream Manicure. The nail salon area was a bit smaller than I expected, but clean and comfortable. They had some bite sized treats available (flatbread, cheese, olives, cucumbers, brownies) and they were restocked at least twice while I was there. I did get a bit of the up-sell but I politely refused and that was that. Jane gave me a great mani-pedi and offered some tips on nail and skin care as well. The women's locker room was gorgeous! I cannot tell you how relaxed and refreshed I was when I left. Yes, it's a bit of a treat, but I will definitely go back!

CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Basic manicure, nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

After all the mixed reviews, I didn't want to be disappointed with a pricey treatment so I just got a manicure. It was fine, I think it's great the equipment is all sterilized, but other than that, it's not much better than your average nail salon. The nail area is right by reception so it's noisy, there's loud music, you can hear the employees all chatting among themselves, etc. Not relaxing. The "buffet" was a pitcher of water and a few sad looking olives. The tech wasn't overly friendly and stopped several times to chat with other employees and made it clear she couldn't wait to get out of there (I was the last appt. of the day). All in all, just not worth the price, this place is not the luxury, upscale spa it tries to sell itself as. The only thing upscale are the prices.

New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mother's Day Not-so Blissful Experience!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

I took my mom to NYC Bliss Spa 57 for Mother's Day. It is a tradition to try a new spa each year with her for Mom's Day & we both look forward to it. We arrived early and were rudely greeted by the building security guard. He was talking on his cell phone and basically yelled at us to log our names in the building visitor book. We proceeded to the 3rd floor and the receptionist wasn't overly friendly, she didn't even wish my mom a happy mother's day. She gave us lockers & slippers and quickly went over the digital key lock process. The massage itself was great, however my mom & I was coxed into "the nerve wacker" for an extra $15.00 which basically is a hot paraffin wax that was placed on our feet prior to the massage. It felt nice, but I would have like to be given the option or exactly what I had asked for when I made the reservation without any add-ons. Following the massage, was the very disappointing showers. They were both supposed to be steam showers, both were broken and so was the sauna. The showers also were narrow and there was no place to rest your towel and shower essentials. I was trying to shower and balance my towel from not falling to the wet floor. Needless to say, that made me not feel so relaxed. Following the shower, I tried to throw a tissue into the garbage. The bathroom assistant picked up the tissue and said rudely "this is not the garbage, THAT is" I felt like I was being schooled by the bathroom cleaner. I started to dry my hair and she started throwing towels right past me into the hamper. I was thinking, how rude, she made me feel like I was in her way and I felt like I was being rushed to finish up.
Overall, I would not recommend this spa & I will not be going back

1 Thank Jlove23
america
“touchy feeling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

i received a gift card from my husband to this spa. i previously attended the bliss spa on 49th and had a wonderful experience so i was looking forward to it.

this location just didnt cut it... If you are female you have to be on gaurd with the male massuers. if you dont specifically tell them what not to massage at the beginning of your appointment, they will try and massage inappropriate areas.. well at least i should say that this was my experience with my massuer, Ben B. just a warning.

the only other negative thing was that both the sauna and steam rooms were out of order...this really sucked considering the weather outside and that is a perk that i expected to indulge in. I also found it wierd that the canisters of facewash and mosturizers were empty considering it was an early day appointment.

there were some positives though. the front staff were pleasant and the lounge was well kept.

overall this location was less professional than the 49th st location.