“Wonderful Restaurant”

Transit: Subway 4,5,6,N,R,W.
New York City
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I ate at Brio the first night it opened, and I've been back more times than I can count. Brunch, lunch, dinner: all have been really fine experiences. The staff is warm, helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable about the food and wine. The food is always reliably fine -- a teeny bit too salty for my taste, so now I ask for less salt when I order. The ambiance is grown up, and you can hear your dinner companions' conversation easily. The ONLY item on the menu I would suggest avoiding is the lamb paillard. It just doesn't work. When they have the pureed artichoke soup, ORDER IT. It's great!!!! Everyone I've brought to Brio returns. Desserts are fabulous, also.

• Visited December 2011

Demarest, New Jersey
“Energetic and tasty”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am very happy with this restaurant. Service was top-notch - we had 2 servers and 2 busboys at at all times ready to help. Food was very good, not outstanding, but solid. Hint - ask for the tables all the way in the back - they offer a little privacy. The place was a little too noisy so if you want to have an intimate conversation - it might not be for you..

• Visited October 2012
Hoboken, New Jersey
“My shrimp were looking at me”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went to Brio for dinner to try a new restaurant after walking around before a movie. I'm Italian, and I love pasta, and maybe I'm spoiled by good Italian food in Hoboken, but this place was not good at all. The service was great- probably because we were the only ones in there. Every time I took a sip, they refilled my water. The bread was stale, the food was bland. I ordered the special pasta dish with shrimp, artichokes, and tomato in a white wine sauce, and it was dry, and flavorless. Oh yeah, and the shrimp were staring at me, literally. The heads were left on, it just freaks me out a little to eat my food when it's looking at me. My boyfriend has the black ink pasta with shrimp in a red sauce, and it was also bland, the sauce had no flavor. And it was overpriced for what it was. The drinks were about $12, and the meal left me feeling like it was a waste of money. Definitely don't recommend.

• Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Food and service were excellent”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

first time there,had pasta and veal and fish,all were excellent
service was very good
restaurant was loud,but it was busy on tuesday night

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Would Recommend”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

What a wonderful place! I loved the atmosphere and the chairs were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. The food was amazing - we started with the calamari and then I had a brio burger - yummy! Love the avocado on it. Will be going back!

• Visited April 2012