“Good cheesecake, but not what I expected”
Review of Junior's Grand Central Station - CLOSED

Junior's Grand Central Station
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The cheesecake here was very good, but I was a little disappointed. I think it's because I expected a little better with all the hype. I would definitely eat here again and even recommend others to try it. Next time I will try the plain cheesecake. The red velvet cheesecake was a little too rich for me.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Juniors is a great Grand Central experience. I had a terrific turkey Reuben with super hot fries. I loved the pickled beets, slaw and pickles that came along free. The portion was huge. The service was just right -- a rarity in NYC. Looking forward to going back.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Once we decided we were of to New York I started looking at reviews for places to eat and drink, one of the places that popped up all the time was juniors and the thing everyone was raving about was the cheesecake. So we had to pay a visit, and it was well worth it. The cheesecake is amazing and there are plenty of flavours to choose from. Get your self a slice, find a seat and enjoy your cheesecake in the amazing surroundings, that is grand central station.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you're doing your research on where to eat in New York and have ever looked at deserts, Junior's cheesecake should have popped up - if it hasn't - it will!

It's been voted the best Cheesecake in New York by several big publications (Including the New York Times) and it's something they're rather proud of.

So does it live up to the hype?

I started with the Juniors Club Sandwich and my partner with the grilled cheese sandwich. Both were huge! The turkey "slices" in mine were nothing short of being burger thickness and the fact that it was a triple decker was also amazing. My partners grilled cheese was also so exceptionally filling that we struggled with the decision to order desert....but we did.

The cheesecake deserves it's titles - I've never tasted any better than Junior's Cheesecake. It's rich, creamy and sweet - a combination many cheesecakes can't compete with.

So my advice - go there, get some cheesecake, but make sure you don't stuff yourself before you get to desert - desert is the main attraction, don't fill up on anything else!!...and then take some home!!

1  Thank deanwebley
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had heard about the cheesecake, it's even better than advertised, but the sandwiches we ordered were excellent as well. The service is the tops, and you can people watch to your hearts content, from the people racing to catch trains, to the tourists trying the whispering walls, there was even a wedding going on with a bride and wedding party walking through the station! Even if you're not hungry, have the cheesecake!