“Not once but twice while in NYC..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rubirosa

Rubirosa
Ranked #71 of 13,488 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Nolita
Cross street: Prince Street and Spring Street
Transit: BDFV to Broadway/Lafayette 6 to Spring Street
Description: 235 Mulberry street New York NY 10012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not once but twice while in NYC..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Happened on Rubirosa while shopping in the area and just wanted a bit of lunch. Beat the lunch crowd by getting there about 11:45. I have numerous food allergies and was thrilled to see they offered a gluten free menu. I had the Gluten Free Mozzarella sticks with house made marinara and they were wonderful. I then treated myself to the best Affogato I have ever had. The service was attentive but no suffocating - casual place with great bar as well and good music. Decided to treat my son and his friend to dinner and the pastas, arugula salad were good portions and delicious and the meatballs melted in your mouth. Service was excellent again and I will keep it on my list for the return visit. Also we could not get a reservation day of, so the server recommended we come before 7 and they have tables they hold for walk ins -- it worked out perfectly.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went looking for a good pizza to eat. Nice and clean place. Staff were nice, the only bad thing was that the soda was a small tiny bottle. We want a big glass but other ways was good.

• Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had the delight of eating in Rubirosa last week. I'm from Denver and wanted an authentic New York experience. Rubirosa delivered. There were 3 of us and everyone really enjoyed their meal--2 pizzas and a pasta dish. The pizzas were on one of the best crusts I've ever had! The pasta was also outstanding. Reservations are a must. Without one there is a long wait to get a table. The food is worth it even if you do have to wait.

Seattle, Washington
“I wish I could take this place home with me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went late and everyone was very friendly. The octopus starter should not be missed - excellently prepared with great compliments in the composition. The pizza was great, the gnocchi was even better, and they help you find the right wine by the glass for the night. If I lived nearby I'd go here every time I wanted pasta and would take every visitor into town. A real gem.

Moscow
“Exellent pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

delicious pizza! no doubt, one of the best in NYC.
friendly staff, reasonable price.
highly recommended!