“Great food, great service, great atmosphere”
Review of Rubirosa

Cross street: Prince Street and Spring Street
Transit: BDFV to Broadway/Lafayette 6 to Spring Street
Description: 235 Mulberry street New York NY 10012
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had the Lasagne Napoletana for two as well as the mozzarella sticks both of which were highly enjoyable strongly recommend them! For dessert we had their tiramisu and Nonna's cannoli. I learned I'm not that crazy about cannoli but maybe it was just because I was pretty full by then. The service was very quick as was the food. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We read about Rubirosa here & a local also recommended it to us.

Excellent pizza!! One of the best we've ever had.

The service was top notch.

We loved the cozy, warm atmosphere.

We had a small wait but it was worth it. We just had a drink at the bar while we waited.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The first time I went to Rubirosa, we were in a group of 5 and we had made reservations beforehand (Make sure to do this well in advance as they are very popular) Its a very crowded, cozy place that really makes you feel like its a restaurant where the locals come to eat. Our favourite items were the Vodka Pizza (one of my favourite pizzas EVER,) the gnocchi - quite good,the ricotta ravioli was AMAZING, and the chicken parmigiana was very very good - perfectly done. OVERALL, atmosphere (if you like something small, loud, warm and cozy) and the food (you can't NOT love it....) are both a perfect italian option in new york city. I've even been back since then - and took it out since the line was too long to get a table.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was recommended to come here by a friend who knows NYC well and boy, we were not disappointed. Despite being seated at the back near the kitchen, we soon realised that the atmosphere in the place was actually down to the cramped, uneven feel of the place and that to enjoy it, you just had to go with it! We ordered a large pizza to share and woah, it was massive. It was one of the best pizza's I've ever had. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We found ourselves in Rubirosa looking for a light simple meal (if you've spent time in NYC, you will know what I mean by this!!) But what we found was a lively, friendly, vibrant restaurant, that served us a couple of amazing Pizza's, along with a great selection of excellent ales for me and excellent cocktails for my wife. Excellent atmosphere, very cosy and romantic. Of interest, most of the cliental were locals.