“The new shape of Harlem !”
Review of Red Rooster Harlem

Red Rooster Harlem
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Rooster Harlem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Harlem
Cross street: Between 125th and 126th Street
Description: Located in the heart of Harlem, Red Rooster serves comfort food celebrating the roots of American cuisine and the diverse culinary traditions of the neighborhood. Named in honor of the legendary Harlem speakeasy, Chef Marcus Samuelsson brings his passion for food to the neighborhood he calls home.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went for a business meeting and everyone seemed to enjoy thier lunch. Even though it was a weekday, I recommend reservations it was busy. I had Jerk Chicken, which was not quite Carribean, The shrimp and rice was excellent, the Salmon was good. If you have a choice get a booth, the chairs at the tables were not comfortable. Other then that, the service was good. The coffee excellent. The location is very nice, I hear the Brunch line on weekend is really long, but if you go after 12 it slows down,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Located right beside a subway exit you don't have to leave early to find it. The atmosphere is great, and the yardbird is fantastic. Easy to get a reservation with opentable and easy to get to. Live music there, and although not on the night we were there, a live band was next door. Walked out of the subway heard the music and loved the restaurant. Staff were more than efficient and the service was excellent. great stop

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Really nice atmosphere. Geourgous food and excellent staff. Turns into a bar when the restaurant closes.

1  Thank KatrineG777
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having tasted Samuelsson's food, before I was sure to that I wouldn't be disappointed "food wise". What hit me first entering the restaurant, was the uneven style of the design of this place; kind of as if the designer didn't know which way to go. Food was very good. I liked the pumpkin soup, I loved the "Fish and Grits" (as a non-grits lover), I liked the cake dessert and the Espresso was perfect. But why did I have to pay for bread that is supposed to be part of the soup? What I didn't like was the loud yelling of the head chef, barking continuously orders in the kitchen. The waitress was efficient and sweet but some of her colleagues had no clue about service. Dishes shoved over the table, pushing cutlery under it; removing dishes while the partners are still eating etc. At the old place of Samuelsson I encountered the same poor wait-service of some of the staff (mixing up dishes, men served before women etc), so there must be some basic need for proper instructions on serving.

1  Thank UbErich F
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Loved the place from the moment we stepped in the door. :Lot's of energy. The staff was first rate and we met Marcus Samuelson and his partner as well. Food was excellent only thing I questioned was the mac and cheese tasted off. I would highly recommend the restaurant in spite of that.

1  Thank FirstSam