“GREATALY”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Reviewed June 13, 2013

you definitely have to go more than once, as you can not sample the deliciousness in this place in one visit! it is set up in such a way that you can not have a slice of pizza and a steak at the same meal... Went there for lunch and it was perfect. A very good place to pick up what you need for achieving an Italian dinner at home.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"manhattan"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2013

You can eat or shop for ingredients to take home and cook for yourself. Remember the neighborhood butcher and fish place? Eataly has everything - it is like being in a small neighborhood but everything here is top-notch qualiy. Huge (and I mean HUGE) selection of everything and anything you want for an Italian meal. Meats, cheeses, seafood, pasta, pizza, wine, olive oil ... you could spend hours here.

If you want a nosh, select the cafe where you can order a wonderful, fresh meal or snack - the cafes are separated by ingredients - vegetarian, seafood, meat, etc. There is a roof-top biergarten which I did not see but sounds wonderful.

Check out the fresh bread display - the prices are reasonable and you can taste some of the loaves before buying. Open long hours 10 a.m. until 11 p.m. Do what your mama tells you - GO!! EAT!!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited Eataly on a Saturday when we were in the city for the day. Saturday may not be the best day of the week to visit. It was MOBBED with people, literally wall-to-wall mobbed with people. As others have observed, we were just "shuffled along". Heaven forbid you want to stop and look at something! I also agree that the layout is very confusing. The dining areas are located in the middle of the shopping areas. You sit and eat while shoppers walk by inches away staring at what you are eating. There is ZERO atmosphere here! There are many interesting things to see in the store but the prices are outrageous. The only dining area which could take us was Le Verdure...all vegetables...which was fine. We weren't looking for a heavy meal anyway. The food quality was average nothing extraordinary. On our way out we grabbed a gelato which was as good as what we had in Italy. I'm not sure this would be less crowded and more enjoyable on the weekend but it's a big AVOID on the weekend!

1  Thank PeteNWMass
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Once again a trip to New York brings me to EATALY. A nice walk on 5th Ave from my hotel to 23rd st brings me to a wonderful place just like as if you were in an Italian market. I know YOU know how much I love EATALY however this time I loved it even more and now I will tell you why. I was introduced at their Caffe Lavazza by the barrista, with his lovely Italian accent, to a wonderful drink...The Italian Hot Chocolate (I believe they call it Cioccolato). The first sip was hot and thick and sent flying explosions to my brain, I was hooked the first sip. I recommend anything at Caffe Lavazza will be top notch amazing as well as entertaining to see how efficiently and diligent the Barristas work to get your product to you. Loved it and can't wait to go back!