“Fun place to hang out, eat, drink”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you like everything Italian, this is the place to go. Feels like an indoor market in Italy. Groceries, fresh vegetables, cheeses, restaurants, wine bars, wine, fresh seafood, coffee. But very busy, attracts a lot of people. Worth a trip though.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Do you want to do a little shopping? Do you want to eat some real "foodie" type Italian fare -restaurant style? Just looking for a deli that is unbelievably awesome? Need some espresso Italian style, or dessert? Or are you just looking for a few groceries that are truly high end - meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables etc? Well, Eataly has all this and yes even more. (I sound like those late night sales ads) But it is true. I travel to NYC on business once a month for 3 days. Rarely a month goes by that I do not stop by Eataly for a least a espresso and usually a lunch or dinner. I have bought T-shirts, cookbooks, children's items as well as unique kitchen cooking supplies. Yes, it can get crowded on the weekends but it actually adds to the overall experience.

1  Thank drlearn
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a really wonderful Italian marketplace, selling chocolate, baked goods, meats and cheeses, pastas and the best gelato I have had outside of Italy. It's always very crowded, but has become a must do when I'm in NYC.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Everything has a hand crafted, authentic feel. There are many many good meats, cheeses, coffees, sweets, breads, pastas for sale. We ordered a charcuterie spread with wine and everything was phenomenal.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

On my way to the hair salon & was early for my appointment. It was a cold & rainy afternoon and I was not interested in trying to hit the farmers market. I stumbled upon Eataly as I was making my way towards the my mobile carrier store.

The crowd actually drew me in & although I never made it past the vast selections of gelato, I was satisfied with my selection at the coffee bar. Now I'd never heard of this place and don't drink coffee, but figured I'd live a little on the wild side and order up something.

I ended up snagging a stool near the window and settled in to have a regular cup of Lavazza coffee and a rum infused pastry that looked good, tasted yummy and was unlike anything I'd ever tasted. Yes it was crowded, but I'd definately go back just to see more of what this place has to offer. Bring your patience and your wallet and enjoy.

2  Thank nigelsmom1