“Excellent!”

$50.00*
and up
Lower East Side Eats Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Sidewalks of NY Tour's goal is to provide exceptional walking tours in New York, so our customers will revisit neighborhoods with confidence and take advantage of an array of cultural options they have to offer. Join us on our popular West Village or Lower East Side Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours. We eat foods from 6 mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants, which have been serving the neighborhood for over 100 years.On our Food Truck & Cart Walking Tour, we guide you to the best street food New York City has to offer. We taste delicious food from 5 gourmet food trucks in either Downtown or Midtown Manhattan.If you want to awaken your inner shutterbug, join our professional photographer on the Group Photo Tour & Class. He will teach you photographic techniques sure to improve the quality of your pictures, using Manhattan as your backdrop. Yours in tours, Sidewalks of NY Tours.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Terrific tour! I've lived in NYC for 12 years and yet I learned so much!
-- Day:
Went on the tour on Sunday, October 20th, 2013. Weather was PERFECT.
-- Attended with:
Went with my mom (we decided to make it a mom/daughter day)- but this tour is appropriate for all people - whether going solo, as a couple or family - it's great. Perfect for all ages.
-- Tour Leader:
Dante - super knowledgeable, very friendly and extremely prepared. Gave everyone in the group attention, answered questions, surprised me with tons of interesting tidbits about the city and the places we visited. Dante is someone who genuinely loves his job and that kind of pleasant, energetic and fun personality really made the tour special. If I go on another tour I will check to see if I can select Dante ! Great guy.
-- Stops/places visited:
Every stop was great. The food was delicious and provided in the perfect amount (lot's of sharing so you don't have to worry about exploding at the end of the three hours - which was great)

*** Note: The tour is three hours long & many of the stops along the tour do not have public restrooms - there was a bathroom at only two of the stops (Katz's and Yonah Shimmel's Knish. By the end of the third hour I left the group for 10 mins in order to search the city streets for any place like a McDonald's/restaurant/starbucks - these places are VERY hard to come by downtown (especially when you need them right away!). If I had more time, I would have checked a map prior to the tour and just made a note of public bathrooms near each of the stops...

Visited October 2013
1 Thank hello_mab

Sydney, Australia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Lower East Side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I took the Lower East Side Tour. We had a fantastic time. Our guide Dante was wonderful, funny, personable and very informative. This part of New York has a rich history and it was great to visit so many historic food places and we tasted at all eight of them. Highly recommended tour!

Philadelphia, PA
“A Yummy and Fun Food Tour of New York's Lower East Side”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Eight participants and our wonderful guide, Dante, sampled food at eight locations on New York's Lower East Side. We ate potato knishes, rugulah, pickles, pastrami, dumplings, bialys, halvah, and donuts. The walking distance between stops is not long, but there was seating and bathroom facilities at only at two of the stops. Dante provided information about each place (one is celebrating its 100th year) and about the neighborhood in general. Novelty Candy took me back to my childhood with all kinds of pez dispensers, packs of candy cigarette, and a huge selection of old fashioned and unusual candy. It was a fun tour.

Riverhead
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lower East Side”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We did this tour yesterday and we're telling everyone who will listen how fabulous it was. Posted pics on FB and got a great reaction. Dante is a wonderful tour guide. We want to do more tours, but how do we make sure we get Dante?!!

New York City, New York
“Fantastic food tour of Lower East side!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had such a great time checking out the local eateries of the LES and could not have asked for a better tour guide than Dante! We plan to book the west village tour and hope we can book it with Dante as well!