“World Trade Center”

$60.00*
and up
New York's West Village Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Sidewalks of NY Tour's goal is to provide exceptional walking tours in New York, so our customers will revisit neighborhoods with confidence and take advantage of an array of cultural options they have to offer. Join us on our popular West Village or Lower East Side Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours. We eat foods from 6 mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants, which have been serving the neighborhood for over 100 years. On our Food Truck & Cart Walking Tour, we guide you to the best street food New York City has to offer. We taste delicious food from 5 gourmet food trucks in either Downtown or Midtown Manhattan. Yours in tours, Sidewalks of NY Tours
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is my third tour with this excellent company. The other two I did were food tours. This one was very different. Lots of history about the area and information on the events of 9/11 and how the memorial came to be. A pass into the memorial area is included. Highly recommended.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"economy candy"

Reviewed June 12, 2013

6/11/13

Last weekend, I took the Sidewalks of New York: West Village Foodie Tasting Tour. I've been on several walking tours from Chinatown to Harlem with a variety of tour companies and this was definitely one of the more enjoyable (and tastier) ones.

Our tour guide, Dante, was personable, energetic and very knowledgeable about the area. This tour had a good mix of historical and cultural facts about the neighborhood (both that of revolutionary New York when Greenwich was farmland to it's role as little bohemia and as a Mecca for artists over the years). Dante shared this all in a very accessible and humorous fashion!

Our group had a good mix of out of towners and locals (I'm a recent transplant to the city) and this is commonplace with this tour. If you are one of the two, you won't feel out of place at all.

The highlight of this tour was, of course, the food. We walked through different areas of Greenwich and the West Village from Sixth Avenue to Eighth Avenue, sampling different cuisines as we went. Some of my favorites were: the falafel at Mamoun's, bacon at Fatty 'Cue and the tacos at Choza Taqueria. This selection of tastings was wide, showcasing the diversity of the cuisine in not only New York, but also the Village.

While there are seven tastings in all and all in various corners of Greenwich Village, there was ample time between each and two points at which we were able to sit down for a more leisurely dining experience. They were perfect bites as we walked and I was pleasantly full by the end!

I've been to the West Village many times since moving here (it's one of my favorite neighborhoods) and we still walked down streets and past landmarks that I've never seen before.

*We used a Living Social voucher for this tour. There was no issue using the voucher or having them accept it etc.

If you're in the NYC area, I would highly recommend this tour in particular from Sidewalks of NY.

For more information (and some delicious photos of the tastings), check out my blog post: http://goo.gl/diZ1e

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time being lucky enough to have Dante as our tour guide. He is the best.

Strongly recommend taking this tour...

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I grew up in Manhattan. but never knew about most of the paces we visited on our West Village tour. Dante was a great guide and I learned so much, not to mention that I was totally full with awesome food by the end.

We have tickets to do the lower East Side tour, and we will be requesting Dante as our host again. It doesn't get much better than with him as your guide. I totally recommend this as an activity for the city.

SidewalksofNYTours, Owner at Sidewalks of New York Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're so pleased you enjoyed our West Village Food Tour with Dante :) Dante is looking forward to giving you another excellent food tour on the Lower East Side. See you soon...