“Great tour of the variety of eats on the lower east side!”

Sidewalks of New York Tours
Lower East Side Eats Food Tour
$150.00*
'Mad Men' Cocktail Tour of New York
More attraction details
Owner description: Sidewalks of NY Tour's goal is to provide exceptional walking tours in New York, so our customers will revisit neighborhoods with confidence and take advantage of an array of cultural options they have to offer. Join us on our popular West Village or Lower East Side Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours. We eat foods from 6 mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants, which have been serving the neighborhood for over 100 years. On our Food Truck & Cart Walking Tour, we guide you to the best street food New York City has to offer. We taste delicious food from 5 gourmet food trucks in either Downtown or Midtown Manhattan. Yours in tours, Sidewalks of NY Tours
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My sister and I had a great time sampling the food, history and local culture of the lower east side. The tastes were a good representation of the food the area is best known for. Our guide was the very charming Dante. He is a fabulous tour guide! He is very personable, funny and entertaining. He gave interesting information about the food and the area, answered all of our questions, listened to our comments and engaged our entire group. He also made sure everyone was having a good time. I look forward to taking another tour with Dante on a future trip to New York.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We did the West Village tour. The food was obviously out of this world, you can't go wrong with any of the old school 'heart of NY' type places. Nothing about this tour was boring. It was relaxed, entertaining, (thanks to our humorous guide Dante), and full of awesome information that even as a New Yorker, I just didn't know. Sign up for the tour and cross your fingers that Dante is your guide, you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a great time doing the Greenwich Village Food Tour with the very knowledgable and humourous Dante. He took us down a number of side streets and provided us with interesting anecdotes about the area, as well as leading us to a smorgasbord of culinary delights.

Small group and easy-paced so we had time to get to know each other.

The food was great - an eclectic mix: sopressa salami, arancini, cupcakes, cream cheese and bagels, felafel, delicious pizza, and a scrumptious cannoli to finish off.

Great neighbourhood, excellent guide, and an interesting bunch of people made for a fun tour.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went on the Lower East Side food tour a week after hurricane Sandy hit the northeast. I am a local to New York, originally from Brooklyn and have already been to a couple of the restaurants on the food tour. I received an email on Sunday (a day before my reservation date) stating that all of the restaurants had power, were open for business and the food tour was still on.

We had a very small group, there was a couple from Canada who were in town for the NY Marathon that didn't happen and myself. Dante was our guide for the tour and he was very entertaining, personable and knowledgeable. The food was excellent. My personal favorites along the tour were Katz's, The Pickle Guys and the Doughnut Plant. We made a couple of stops along the way and Dante provided us with some insight into the history and current state of the neighborhood. Even for a jaded New Yorker, there was a lot of very cool things that I learned or had never noticed (there is a statue of communist leader Vlad Lenin on top of a building). I would definitely recommend the tour for visitors as well as locals.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We like to go on food tasting tours whenever we are in New York, and this tour was one of the better ones. We really enjoyed the variety of ethnic foods that we sampled while we learned about the history of the area. Highly recommend this tour.