“We Loved the Lower East Side Tour”

Sidewalks of New York Tours
Lower East Side Eats Food Tour
$150.00*
'Mad Men' Cocktail Tour of New York
More attraction details
Owner description: Sidewalks of NY Tour's goal is to provide exceptional walking tours in New York, so our customers will revisit neighborhoods with confidence and take advantage of an array of cultural options they have to offer. Join us on our popular West Village or Lower East Side Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours. We eat foods from 6 mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants, which have been serving the neighborhood for over 100 years. On our Food Truck & Cart Walking Tour, we guide you to the best street food New York City has to offer. We taste delicious food from 5 gourmet food trucks in either Downtown or Midtown Manhattan. Yours in tours, Sidewalks of NY Tours
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We like to go on food tasting tours whenever we are in New York, and this tour was one of the better ones. We really enjoyed the variety of ethnic foods that we sampled while we learned about the history of the area. Highly recommend this tour.

There are newer reviews for Sidewalks of New York Tours

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed this tour very much. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the area and the restaurant owners. Among the places that we visited and sampled food were the Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery, Katz's Deli, Goodfella's Les, Economy Candy, The Pickle Guys, and the Doughnut Plant. We had locals on the tour with us, as well as people from other parts of the U.S. and Australia, which made it even more enjoyable! Tour lasted about two and half hours. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I took this tour with guide Dante on a perfect fall day in NYC. There was about 12 total in our group. Dante was very knowledgeable about the area, he was very personalable and entertaining. The food choices were great. Being a NYer myself I'm picky about my food and really enjoyed the Falafel and Pizza, good choices. I quickly signed up with another friend to do the Food Cart tour and can't wait to do it!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I took the LES tour yesterday and had a great time. We were the only two locals amongst a group of tourists. I think it is a great way to get to know NYC. We go into New York all the time but it is great to tour with someone who knows the area really well, especially the historical facts. It was fascinating walking through the old streets of the lower east side and getting to know stories of all the immigrants who lived in the area. The food stops were delicious, especially the rugelachs at Russ and Daughters, the dumplings at North Dumpling and the doughnuts at the Doughnut Plant.
We did the food truck tour with Joshua last year and had a great time as well. Looking forward to the West Village tour next time.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I highly recommend the West Village Food Tour in NYC. 4 friends and I went on the tour with our very personable, humorous and knowledgable tour guide, Dante. There were about 15 other nice people from around NJ and NY. We all enjoyed Dante's historical account of the 3 miles of streets in which we walked. Not too long winded, but just enough to teach you some things about the area, always sprinking a little humor when applicable! Every 20 minutes or so, we would stop at a local restaurant for a sampling of one of their specialties. Dante took us to peaceful, charming parts of the village we had never seen. I am definitely doing another tour with my family (high school/college aged kids) and friends. It would be a fun birthday party idea as well! Fun for couples, friends, or family.