“West Village Tour”

Lower East Side Eats Food Tour
$150.00*
'Mad Men' Cocktail Tour of New York
More attraction details
Owner description: Sidewalks of NY Tour's goal is to provide exceptional walking tours in New York, so our customers will revisit neighborhoods with confidence and take advantage of an array of cultural options they have to offer. Join us on our popular West Village or Lower East Side Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours. We eat foods from 6 mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants, which have been serving the neighborhood for over 100 years. On our Food Truck & Cart Walking Tour, we guide you to the best street food New York City has to offer. We taste delicious food from 5 gourmet food trucks in either Downtown or Midtown Manhattan. Yours in tours, Sidewalks of NY Tours
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Took my second tour this tour company, this time the tasting tour of the West Village. I had taken the LES tour in the spring. My tour guide was Dante and he was friendly and well informed. He talked about the history and the culture of the area pointing out many places of interest, There was a good variety of foods tasted, including pizza, cupcakes, bagels, soup, etc. I highly recommend this,tour and this tour company to anyone wanting to learn more about NYC neighborhoods and tasting some great foods.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I went on the Lower East Side tour last week and we really enjoyed it. Our guide, Mike, was very informative. He discussed the history of the area, including immigration patterns, living conditions, the history of the shops that we eat at and the political views of the residents 100 years ago. Since my family lived in the area after they came to America, I found it very interesting. so for me, the tour was not just an eating tour. As for the food, I very much liked everything that we ate, but I felt that I have eaten similar or equally good pastrami, knishes, etc. before. What made the tour special was eating in (or in front of) the old-time shops. While the neighborhood has changed over time and the shops that we stopped at seemed like relics, the tour was still a great experience and gave me a sense of what the Lower East Side was once like.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our tasting tour of the west village today with Dante of Sidewalk Tours of New York! Saw plenty of architecture and interesting places, and sampled just the right amount at each of 7 stops( we had a special added treat... Chilled pea soup at August, delicious) our favorites were the rice balls and soppresata at Faicco's Italian Specialities, and the canolli's at Pasticceria Bruno, where Bobby Flay was defeated in a cannoli throw down!

Made for a wonderful day.. 11-1:30, on tour. We will definitely do the Lower East Side or Food Truck trip on our next trip to NYC!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Josh provided a great blend of history, culture, and fun food. I highly recommend his hospitable and gracious service!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our family of four decided on the West Village Food Tour because the timing worked with our schedule while visiting our daughter during her internship in NYC. Our group size of ten people was just right to insure that everyone could hear and to keep things moving along at a good pace. Kevin, our tour guide, really made the tour interesting, and I got a sense that he knows the area so well that he can tailor the tour to that group's particular interests. His knowledge of and stories about that part of the city were extensive. There was something for everyone: history, literature, current events, architecture, and of course food, so this was much more than simply a food tour. Wish we had time for another tour, because this was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. Maybe next visit we'll do the Lower East Side Eats.