“....”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Average hot meals. Tarco platter was good. Sodas were not free refills and we assumed they were but that was our fault for assuming

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were staying couple doors down wanted to stay near by happened by this little Resturant. They have a standard Mexican menu and a listing of Columbian dishes.Well worth A try. Bar atmosphere so little loud but fun. Dark classic Mexican/Latin interior. Staff very helpful very friendly.
We got guacamole that was fresh big chunks of avocado and tomato. Delicious. Enjoyed it so much nearly didn't have room for dinner. I had one of the steak dishes it had criollo sauce, again delicious. The meat just shredded like a New England pot roast. Was so good almost made myself sick eating it. My husband had the pork chops which were Lightly breaded and pan fried. Melted in your mouth. Both dishes were served with beans and rice and a crisp simple green salad.
Would recommend trying this Resturant. Definitely adult environment. Again very friendly staff. Attentive and helpful.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great place near time square if you're cravnig mexican food! We had some enchiladas and burritos. The food took a little while to come tho (30 mins) but the food was delicious.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I go there for lunch occasionally and always get the tostadas, so my review is limited to that dish. The service is always friendly, but I'm always amazed how long it takes to receive my meal after I order it. My time for lunch is limited and I suspect that everything is pretty much already made in the kitchen...just needs to be put together on a plate. Anyway, I love their tostadas and will go back again and again and again. Their salsa is pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I judge Mexican restaurants in large part by the salsas they serve. El Tequilazo could produce a better, more spicy, salsa. That would seal the deal for me and earn them 5 stars.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The place is no beauty - the servers are wonderful, friendly, attentive - but the food is atrocious! We had 6 different dishes and, to tell the truth, only the shrimp in garlic sauce was worth having!! The skirt steak was pretty bad, as were all the side dishes - not recommended!!!