“Best Indian restaurant in town”

Tamba Indian Grill and Bar
Ranked #6,007 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 27th and 28th
Description: At Tamba you will have the ultimate experience in Indian cuisine. Our menu features authentic specialties from cities throughout India and Southwest Asia, like the fiery Vindaloo dishes of Goa and almond-flavored delights from the Kashmiri mountain valleys. Dine with us and embark on an appetizing sojourn through the tastes of India, Pakistan, Afghanistan at Tamba.
“Best Indian restaurant in town”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I love this place, the food is delicious and the price is reasonable. Their customer service is great. I went there last week. I bite something spicy and tears came out of my eyes. The manager saw it and asked kitchen to cook something special.. I am impressed by their great service.. I will go there often:)

• Visited July 2014

Bordeaux, France
“A passport for spices”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I'm used going to indian restaurants in Paris, San Francisco, etc. For the first time, I tried one in NYC. I was really pleased in choosing the buffet (10 $). A great variety of main courses but the entrees were really poor. The food was excellent, tasty and flavored. As usual in indian restaurants, the servers were nice.
If you're touring around 27th and 28th, you could stop by this place.
@the owner: please, try to have decent and clean restrooms. It'll help in ranking.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Oceanomundi33
Dumont, New Jersey
“Great Indian Food!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had never been to this restaurant before but couldn't pass up the opportunity to snag a Groupon being offered for a meal for two priced for one. We decided to use it as our dinner spot before seeing Rocky on Broadway. The food was excellent, well flavored and fresh. The servers were nice (I love how people say the servers were rude or dull.. this isn't Applebee's, they don't have to have flair.) The restaurant itself was beautifully decorated and intimate. I would definitely go back next time I'm in NYC and in the mood for awesome Indian cuisine.

• Visited April 2014
Tunis, Tunisia
“Delicious food and fantastic service! Loved it!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

There is a lot of competition in the neighborhood for Indian food, but I wouldn't suggest going anywhere else. I ordered saag paneer (veggie) and my boyfriend ordered chicken madras. Both were tasty and filling. Also, the service was wonderful. Really. I highly recommend Tamba and will be sure to go back myself. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
Porvorim, India
“Indian Food In NY City”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is one place for average quality Indian food in New York City. There is other cuisine also available in it like Thai, Vietnamese, etc which may be better than the Indian food that they offer. There may be better places than this for Indian food but this is the one which was suggested to us by one of our relative. Please be sure to carry sufficient cash as credit cards don't seem to be working properly on their machine or it may be a trick to get cash from customers instead of card payment (we had this strange experience).

• Visited October 2013