“Great Indian Food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 27th and 28th
Description: At Tamba you will have the ultimate experience in Indian cuisine. Our menu features authentic specialties from cities throughout India and Southwest Asia, like the fiery Vindaloo dishes of Goa and almond-flavored delights from the Kashmiri mountain valleys. Dine with us and embark on an appetizing sojourn through the tastes of India, Pakistan, Afghanistan at Tamba.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had never been to this restaurant before but couldn't pass up the opportunity to snag a Groupon being offered for a meal for two priced for one. We decided to use it as our dinner spot before seeing Rocky on Broadway. The food was excellent, well flavored and fresh. The servers were nice (I love how people say the servers were rude or dull.. this isn't Applebee's, they don't have to have flair.) The restaurant itself was beautifully decorated and intimate. I would definitely go back next time I'm in NYC and in the mood for awesome Indian cuisine.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

There is a lot of competition in the neighborhood for Indian food, but I wouldn't suggest going anywhere else. I ordered saag paneer (veggie) and my boyfriend ordered chicken madras. Both were tasty and filling. Also, the service was wonderful. Really. I highly recommend Tamba and will be sure to go back myself. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is one place for average quality Indian food in New York City. There is other cuisine also available in it like Thai, Vietnamese, etc which may be better than the Indian food that they offer. There may be better places than this for Indian food but this is the one which was suggested to us by one of our relative. Please be sure to carry sufficient cash as credit cards don't seem to be working properly on their machine or it may be a trick to get cash from customers instead of card payment (we had this strange experience).

1  Thank GaurishM
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you really like all the flavors of Indian spices in the most authentic way, fresh and prepared with care and love for this , you will find it at this pleasant and friendly restaurant . The price is unbelievably moderate and affordable. You have got to tray the buffet. My wife and I travel from Staten Island NY to Manhatten just for this food. It is worth it by far. Aside from the buffet, the menu is extensive and affordable in price. The owner and staff are very present to make sure that the service and food quality is on target.
Joseph W. from Staten Island NY

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I went here on a rainy Monday afternoon and had a great lunch. If you have vegetarians in your group, this buffet will satisfy everyone with its spicy chicken and meatless dishes. The Dahl was some of the best I have ever had. Will definitely return.