“Quality Indian food”
Review of Junoon Restaurant

Junoon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Junoon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #761 of 13,838 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between 5th & 6th Avenues
Transit: You can take the F or M train to 23rd St & 6th Avenue. Alternatively you can take the N,R,W to 23rd St.
Jersey City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality Indian food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is probably the best Indian food you will have in New York City, the chef - Vikas Khanna has appreared in many shows including indian master chef and hence the restaurant is expensive compared to other nearby Indian restaurant, but the food easily makes it up. we went with out mother-in-law and she was very happy with the food.

NB: Do visit the masala room near rest room and make a advance reservation, we got the last table on a regular weekeday.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Israel
“The star of India”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am a great admirer of Indian cuisine and our dinner at Junoon was probably the best we had had. The ambiance is very modern, dark and romantic. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. The food itself was first class made with great attention and served in very generous helpings. If you like Indian food - go!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Toni13
Cozumel, Mexico
“a pleasure for a few different reasons”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was very happy with my dining experience at Junoon! The restaurant had pleasurable, surprising infusions, the aromas and spices were decadent, the food delicious, the service was highly efficient; second to none, and the restaurant, is set up to be full but not overrun, like many restaurants in the City. The restaurant was designed to keep the noise level to a minimum, and allow for pleasant conversations without straining. The décor was pleasant and relaxing. A great place overall.!

• Visited October 2013
“Delightful experience”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Pre theater can create a rushed experience. This restaurant delivered a quiet sumptuous meal with surprises in every course. Beautiful aesthetics, quiet presentation and distinctive flavor story the palate. Highly recommended for a memorable dining experience.

Visited September 2013
NE US
“The weekend set lunch is an excellent bargain”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our set lunch ($24). The portion was full size and quite a bargain. She had excellent salmon and I had kebabs with chicken & lamb: I’d order the salmon next time. She had a lamb curry dish and I the chicken curry dish. Both were great and came out spicy as ordered. One of us had bread and the other rice so we had both with our meal. My wife said that the kulfi dessert was the best kulfi she has ever had & we’ve eaten in 100s of Indian restaurants. I enjoyed my brown butter banana tart. We already have plans to eat here again.

Visited August 2013