“Food good but pricey - Service not good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Junoon Restaurant

Junoon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Junoon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #900 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between 5th & 6th Avenues
Transit: You can take the F or M train to 23rd St & 6th Avenue. Alternatively you can take the N,R,W to 23rd St.
Sherman, Connecticut
“Food good but pricey - Service not good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went on a Monday night - not a very busy night and we waited interminably long for everything.

The food was very good but when I pay over $30 for a dish I would not expect to pay $5 for some rice! As someone else said the typical accoutrements that are free were not free here.

The wine list was great, the specialty drinks not my preference.

Not a place I will return. Too may other good Indian restaurants in the city.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Xmas Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Was a bit disappointed as my expectation from thisIndian diner was very high. I found the food to be very mildly flavored, probably more to suit the palates of New Yorkers. Otherwise excellent decor and a well stocked bar with plenty of diners waiting for a table. Seems to be a very popular place with the Yuppies from Wall st.

Paris, France
“Good but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was the second time we visited Junoon. The first time we went for lunch and blown off by the most delicious indian food ever. It was not just the food but also great service and good ambiance. This time we went back almost after a year for my birthday with very high expectations and were rather disappointed

We ordered beet root and goat cheese salad. It was strictly okay - good but quite bland and not indian at all! The only indian ingredient was a dash of coriander chutney! For main course, we ordered some okra and shahi paneer. The okra was great but paneer was quite spicy.

Their wine list is quite exhaustive. They have some interesting wines from across the globe but I felt that they were slightly overpriced. We ordered wine by the glass but I guess it was a total rip off. We could have easily ordered half a bottle for the same price.

The service was great. Our server was good-humoured and quite attentive. It was a good experience. The next time I go back, I shall set my expectation bar lower.

New York City
“Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

The ambiance was very nice. The waiters were friendly. But we waited an hour(no kidding)to be served any food! The drinks were served right away. Finally, the food arrived...I thought it was too hot(my fault for not saying"mild")...nothing special....and if my friends didnt need a full bar we would have headed down to 6th St to Raj Mahal where the food is consistently good, enviroment friendly and it is unpretenious and inexpensive(a fraction of the price)..and there is a sitar player to boot!

New York City, New York
“Ok Appetizers, Entrees Well Above Average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I wish I could say more about the beet salad appetizer, but there wasn't anything special to it, other than a good plating. However, the chickpea entree was something I might actually go back for, as it had a distinct flavor and presentation. The fish is also quite tasty, but be advised their food is indeed, spicy.
A great find on 24th street, might be back for more.