“Incredible service, lovely food”
Review of Oficina Latina

Oficina Latina
Ranked #2,612 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Nolita
Cross street: Elisabeth and Mott
Description: Are you in the mood for Mexican food tonight? How about some Argentinean too? And maybe a little Chilean while we’re at it? Well, now you can get it all at one restaurant – Oficina Latina, a popular Latin American restaurant in New York City's Nolita. Oficina Latina calls itself a pan-American bistro, and features cuisines from a number of South and Central American countries, including Mexico, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, Costa Rica and Panama. Best of all, the restaurant organizes its menu by country, so you can pick your dish by destination. Want a taste of Peru? Try the Ceviche de Calamari y Vieras. Craving Venezuelan? Order the Arepas Mixtas. Cuban food on the brain? Get the Cubano, of course! Oficina Latina has all of these cuisines – and more – and prepares them all well. The restaurant offers a daily fresh cocktail selection as well, featuring an interesting wine list from the major Latin American regions, and a few beers from Central and South America.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Meandering through the city with longtime friends, we stumbled into Officina Latina by accident on a Monday night. It couldn't have been more perfect. Jesus, our server, was charming and attentive. The wine list was delightful, and the food was well-executed with a menu extensive enough to provide options for pretty much anyone.

My friend and I explained that we were celebrating 21 years of friendship, and Jesus decided to throw our friendship a "birthday party", bringing it a dessert and a beautiful shot preparation of Santa Teresa rum, with orange slices for dipping in powdered coffee beans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It was a sweet and spicy finish to a really memorable night. I dine out frequently, and I'm lucky to do it all over the world. I will remember this as one of my favorite meals of all time.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place was great. I ordered the uruguayan steak sandwich and it was phenomenal.

The service was great, the people helping were very nice, they brought us nice cold water (with our own container of it so we didn't have to wait for them to come around every time) and some plantain chips with dip.

The pricing was pretty reasonable for NYC as well

The atmosphere was AWESOME, it was very chill with nice music and a good environment. It was busy, but it didn't feel like it was packed too full.

There are only 2 reasons this didn't receive the review of excellent:

1. They burnt one of the aspects of my friend's food (the arepas)
2. The tables outside were so uneven that we spilled water more than once

I'm sure both of these would have been fixed easily by moving inside and sending the food back, but since we were in a bit of a hurry we didn't bother.

I will be happy to go back

Reviewed July 9, 2012

LOVED IT. My friend and I were looking for another restraurant recommended to us but stumbled in here instead b/c the other place was packed out for lunch. Oficina is gorgeous and creatively decoracted; all recycled materials, the decor is so unique I would go back just to admire the way it is put together. Their concept is that you are taking a journey along the pan american highway via your food. Thus we ate beans n nice, brasilian meat, arepas, etc. It is also casual yet keenly sophisticated. A must in Soho. Do the fixed lunch menu for around $25 and you will get an app, entree, and delicious spanish dessert.
Thank you for great service!!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Visited Oficina Latina on a Saturday night. around 11. Found a parking spot right around the corner on Elizabeth St. From the outside, it was packed. We walked in and immediately and warmly were greeted by the hostess. She quickly took us to a small cozy table kind of toward the back to the right, behind the bar. The chairs were upholstered and very soft, so we sunk in when we sat down.
Next, a server brought plantain chips and sweet potato chips and water served in a very alluring antique bottle! Loved that! The chips were fresh and flavorful. Yum! Nice way to start it off. For drinks I ordered a regular caipirinah and he ordered a blueberry caipirinah. The waitress who was lovely, friendly and quite attentive, brings me the kumquat instead of the regular. She apologizes, says I can try it and if I don't like it, she'll bring me the regular. I LOVED IT! The drink was amazing! I ordered a few tapas dishes. The garlic shrimp were enormous and succulent; the vegetarian arepa was interesting but enjoyable; and the pan seared crab cakes (3) were small but packed an incredible punch of flavor! The crab cakes were spectacular. The accompaniment of tomato, mixed greens and mushrooms was perfection. My friend had the pear and arugula salad with goat cheese. The presentation of the salad was eye catching. But the taste far out did the presentation. Yet another perfect dish. The service was friendly, attentive, swift without being pushy and overbearing. Oficina Latina has definitely become an instant favorite.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Cozy bistro in the heart of Soho. Interesting tapas such as the Pulpo a la Parilla and Arepas Vegetariana.
Great selection of salads and sandwiches. Must taste Cuban Torta.
I recommend to get there before 1pm for lunch. Its gets really busy afterwards, slowing down the service.
Great place to stop after shopping.