“Amazing Discovery”
Review of Balade

Balade
Reserve with OpenTable
Balade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,677 of 13,748 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 12th and 13th Streets
Transit: 4,6, L, N,Q 5, R to Union Square L train to 1st Avenue
Description: An Eastern Mediterranean restaurant that is a genuine addition to New York City’s diverse International cuisines. Specializing in Lebanese cuisine, Balade is a quaint neighborhood destination in the East Village with a warm and hospitable setting. Owned and operated by Roland Semaan (Hilton Hotels, NYC; B.R. Guest Restaurant Group, NYC) – Balade, which means Local, when describing produce of high quality in Lebanese, is the true culmination of his heritage and impressive hospitality background and experiences.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Discovery”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Sooooo Good. Everything we tried on the menu was phenomenal. The wiat staff are very well expreienced.

Its a hidden place in the east village, you must visit.

• Visited June 2012
baladeteam, Owner at Balade, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your very important feedback and we always work on improving our guest experience.

• Turkish first
New York City
“A middle eastern gem”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This restaurant is one block from my house. My husband and I ate there when they first opened and we enjoyed the meal but were not wowed. We recently went back with friends and feasted on an assortment of mezes. The meal was PHENOMENAL. The humus, the assortment of grilled/fried cheese, the sausage, the salads!!! Fantastic. We kept ordering more because we were enjoying it so much. This restaurant is a gem and I only dread the day everyone realizes it and I cannot get in without a reservation!!!

• Visited April 2012
Thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your very important feedback.

we are glad you liked balade

New Paltz
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrific food. In short, pathetic.”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The entire dining experience was awful including the appetizers and the main course. Overall, the food was lackluster in taste without one iota of association with true Lebanese food. In our opinion, it was as if the owners do not care one iota regarding their patrons as evidenced by their providing very mediocre food as well as small portions and charging fairly high prices for such low quality meals. Even the tap water was warm.

My wife and I eat frequently at many Mediterranean restaurants in NYC and quite frankly this was not only the worst Lebanese food I have ever consumed BUT the worst meal we have had in years.

• Visited April 2012
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Best Falafel in NYC!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I discovered this cute little place while down near Union Square. What a Gem - their falafel and hummus are homemade and delicious! They also have a great selection of Lebanese wines to try. It's within walking distance of Union Square and the lower East Side on 1st Ave. Don't miss it - you'll have a wonderful meal - AND they deliver in the area!!

• Visited January 2012
Thank you for dining with us. We appreciate your very important feedback.

We are glad you liked our falafel.

Canberra
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Balade during our 10 night stay in New York over Christmas and New Years - we are from Australia.

We wanted to go to a lebanese restaurant and found this place on open table and booked it on Christmas Eve. The place was really quiet, the staff were excellent and we really enjoyed the food.

I noticed there wern't very many reviews on this place which is why I wanted to write my review. We have had excellent Leanese food before so I had high expectations and this place was definitely up there - excellent value for money and as mentioned excellent food!

Visited December 2011