“Never Again!”

Bobby Van's Grill Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Grill Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,277 of 13,630 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 6th and 7th avenues
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Again!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us (my husband and I) so we gave it a try. I ordered the warm spinach salad for appetizer and when it arrived, so did the fruit flies. The taste was not very good, not what i expected. For our entree, the waitress highly recommended the porterhouse steak for 2... "Well worth it" she said. Never told us it was $97.00!!! (found out on our bill)
When the steak came it was bland! No flavour at all! For sides we had mashed potatoes which I think were a couple of hours old and hard, even the attendant had trouble getting them out of the bowl to place a scoop on our dishes! We also ordered a side of creamed spinach. Most disgusting side dish I ever ordered! It was like a paste, not creamy at all. Gross. Our waitress took our order and we never saw her again. One female attendant came to our table and with a stern voice said "want water!". My husband and I were shocked at our rude service. When I asked for the bill, a new male waiter delivered it to us and he was the only one to ask how our meal was, after the fact. We explained our concerns, all of our concerns to him and he stood there and apologized to us. In the end we strongly feel bent over and screwed by this restaurant! Never again.
Strongly advise anyone to avoid this place!!!

• Korean first
Singapore
“Great steak and seafood”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a new outlet near TImes Square. We went at 9 pm and were shown to our table quickly. The service was great: courteous and efficient. We ordered the New York strip and it was thick, juicy and cooked medium to perfection. Others ordered the grilled salmon and that was great too. Wine list pretty extensive and overall the prices were reasonable.

Visited August 2012
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stopped in for dinner during "restaurant week" so we had the special: filet migon, an appetizer and dessert for $35. The filet was cooked perfectly and far more than I could eat. It was very reasonably priced for New York.

Mountain City, CN
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Good service and excellent food, also offering a sidewalk cafe. My pick off the menu: Grilled salmon - just can't be beat! Hope to return there one day.

Visited July 2012
Florida
“Not Great”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Price is not a factor for me when wanting a great dining experience. My steak was Mediocre and had to pay extra for a bake potato. Never heard of French Fries coming with a steak unless you are at a Steak & Shake . Liked the atmosphere and service but so very disappointed in the food.