“A Manhattan in Manhattan”
Review of New York Central

New York Central
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,896 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park Avenue at Grand Central
Transit: Take subway to 42nd Street - Grand Central Station.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The bar in this restaurant is quite well stocked with an exceptional single malt whiskey list and the bar staff are very knowledgeable in cocktails. My wife and I enjoyed a good Manhattan as an after dinner drink. Our food was good, but I have to say the burger wasn't the best I've had, but also definitely wasn't the worst. One thing that rather annoyed us was that the bar only had a limited menu for much of the day, which inconvienced us at least once in our busy shopping and sight seeing.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

You can reach new york central easily and Lots of enterance
But when you get inside its like amazing
Very easily get inside the train and you can leave it

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is just a coffee shop/bar at a major hotel. You take a chance when you go there that you'll get a server that gives you service that is just a little above contempt. Food okay, drinks okay, and you'll get better service in the bar section.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to find such an excellent menu at a Hotel restaurant. During my stay, executive chef Christian Ragano offered a delicious menu:
Grilled jersey peach flatbread, with nettle meadow farms Kunik, red onion, marcona Almonds, speck, arugula and honey Vinaigrette.

As a main course I chose Compart Family farms all natural pork chop, smoked fancy peach ragout, rainbow chard, Lavender jus

And a desert of a lavender icecream was delicious.

The service was excellent and the choice of wine suggested by my waiter was excellent. I will be back here next time I am in NY.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nice meal, quick polite service and easy atmosphere. Upon arrival (8 am) we are told they are out of waffles, pancakes and french toast. So are choices were somewhat limited. We had the I doubt I'd return, it wasn't bad just nothing special after all its just breakfast.