“Amazing pizza!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 19th Street
Transit: A to 14th St. L to 8th Ave. 1 to 18th St. C, E to 23rd St.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were a large group - and were given the "chef's table". The pizza was amazing - as were the other Italian dishes. The salmon was pretty good too and the salads were simply amazing!! Go for the arugula salad - they sprinkle it with parmesan and it's just perfect. The gnocchi was wonderful!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

As most NY restaurants, a small cramped table awaited us. The service was good as well as the food. Can't give the thumbs up on the lasagna as it was only slightly warm and nothing special. My other friends enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Thie is no lack of great restaurants in NYC, and we try to visit to rate drestarants evertime we visit. Italian can be a challenge though. We picked this restaurant mostly because the menu looked good and it was only 10 blocks from the hotel. We we pleasantly surprised! All our dishes were outstanding. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente. The sauce on my paccheri alla Genovese was amazing and may be my new favourite. The dessert was delicious. This was a great neighborhood find. I subsequently found out the titular chef is NYC culinary royalty, but don't let that dissuade you. This place is worth checking out.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been going to Donatella on and off since it opened. Being Italian! I know true Italian food. It never disappoints. My favorite pizzas are the mushroom and whatever special there is. Desserts are always outstanding. I just wish they would bring back the sfogliatelle it's truly a work of art. Cannoli is truly amazing.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I came here for New Year's with a bunch of friends. I chose the place on account of the reputation. I could not imagine why this place has a good reputation, and I could not imagine coming back. Food was mediocre. Portions were rather small. My friends complained that some of the dishes were pretty flavorless. When we asked about desserts, we were told that the kitchen HAD closed, and no, there was nothing that could be done about it. The waiter seemed taken aback by this, too. Why these morons would not give a heads up that the kitchen was closing is beyond me. The crappy attitude by management (not by service) really put a damper on the evening. Midnight came, and the waiters poured sparking wine FOR EACH OTHER, but NOT FOR THE GUESTS IN THE RESTAURANT (few as we were). Given that we had spent over $300 for 6 people, I felt rather chiseled. Why they bothered to stay open for New Year's Eve is beyond me.

This seems to be another one of the restaurants where the most talented person involved is the publicist.