“Pretty nice low key bar”
Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Ranked #3,376 of 14,032 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 30th between Park and Madison
Transit: Take the 6 train to 33rd Street.
Description: Mason Jar serves mouthwatering American BBQ/Comfort food. There is an extensive Bourbon Menu and Craft Beer pairings.
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I came here for the first time last Friday(3/15). We had certificate from restaurant.com The reason we picked this place was because it is close to where I work and because there were bbq baby back ribs on the menu. They do say it on the menu that ribs are house specialty. And they dont lie. The ribs were amazing! So tender the meat was falling of the bones. Very flavorful. And you get a choice of side with them. I ordered coleslaw (very delicious) and my friend got pit beans(or something like that) which were also pretty good if you are into this kind of food :)
Pretty nice beer selection. Apparently not every place in Manhattan carries Stella. This place has it draft! 2 thumbs up! :)
Service was ok. The waitress didnt come over too much which in my opinion is better than annoying sever being constantly in your face with a question if you are doing ok. Price-wise I think they are pretty reasonable. Plus we had the above mentioned certificate from restaurant.com so 5 beers and 2 half racks later minus $25 certificate our bill was $50! Which i think is pretty pretty good (Larry David "Curb Your Enthusiasm" :) )
Should i also mention giant screen on the wall with sports games (that night they had some basketball game on). Thats for those who cares for sports.
The only thing in my opinion they could "fix" a little is the noise. The music was blasting so loud sometimes i had hard time hearing my friend who sat opposite from me. But thats not biggie. Just some food for thought for the manager :)
Overall, its a pretty nice place to chill on a low key night and watch a game. Thats the perception i got anyway. :)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you want to have a few beers and watch hockey, Mason Jar is a good place to go. They have a huge screen on the back wall and TVs all over the place. I went for a staff happy hour though, and couldn't hear the person next to me talking. We ordered bar snacks, which were all good. Lots of fried things, including fried pickles. Yum!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Bustling bar and restaurant with seating that can be slightly tight & booth style.
After work type crowd. Food was good but came very quickly. We would have loved to have tried the Brisket but it wasn't ready which suggests it's prepared and cooked onsite.
I would go again if in the neighbourhood craving some good BBQ.

1  Thank BounceLondon
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We've been here during superbowl and were surprised to get a table after the game had even started.

We enjoyed REALLY good chicken wings in 4 different flavors (the BBQ were my favorite) and very nice service!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

When the line at Madison Square Park Shake Shack was just too long, tried out Mason Jar NYC.

The Mason Jar Burger, served with side salad (or fries) with swiss, fried onions, and bacon on brioche roll was most tasty, $11.

Wide choice of brews on tap, including the fine Goose Island Ale. Most are $7 for a pint. Also, many bourbons and rye whiskies also to choose from, $8-11.

Fairly dark in the back, which you may or may not like.

Will return.