“Nice Place For Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bluebell Cafe

The Bluebell Cafe
Ranked #758 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: He Bluebell Cafe raises the bar on the midtown culinary scene. To help fill the gap in the area's dining options, the newest addition to Gramercy Park comes to us by the same acclaimed owners of Open Door Gastropub, The Paris Bar and Grill and Molly's Pub and Restaurant. Executive Chef Scott Hawley serves up gourmet offerings at affordable luxury prices. Offering American comfort food with a French country flare, the new eatery is an updated version of all your favorites, but classed up with an array of delectable menu options. The interesting variety of seasonal menu options, an eclectic selection of regional beer & wines, delicious home-baked desserts, and popular weekend brunch, make this new gem in Gramercy's culinary crown the newest hotspot for affordable decadence. Bluebell Cafe is open daily from 8am-11pm and serves weekend brunch from 8am-4pm. Reservations are accepted for dinner.
Kirkwood, Missouri
“Nice Place For Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ate breakfast here one morning and the atmosphere, service and food were all good. My wife had French Toast and really liked it. I had bacon, eggs and an English Muffin. Everything was good including the coffee. It was a nice place for breakfast and it looked like a great place to have lunch, dinner or even drinks at the bar.

• Visited March 2013

Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Warm and friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My partner and I went for breakfast to this lovely cafe. Good coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice and home made breakfast. I had the Country eggs which is a bit different due to the sausage gravy on the buttermilk biscuit; which I enjoyed thoroughly. My husband had the very basic two eggs sunny side up but also ordered the smoked bacon which was delicious. We will be returning for another breakfast.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“A little home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The owners of the famous Mollie's Pub have opened a wonderful cafe right up the street. The food is more diverse and substantial than standard Pub Grub but the ambiance and great service at Mollie's has carried over. It is a cozy cottage looking room and families are filling the room up as it is very child friendly too. My wife and I have eaten at Bluebell over 20 times and never had a bad meal. Manhattan kitchens are notably small but in our case, with Mollies and Bluebell within one block away, who cares. Their offering are great especially the chili and lamb chops. My wife loves the Mac and Cheese sides but everything is just fine. Prices are right, staff friendly and Sheila is a welcoming owner-hostess.

• Visited February 2013
McLean, Virginia
“Cute restaurant and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We wanted a great but quick lunch/brunch before starting our day and the Bluebell Cafe was recommended to us by the Marcel on Grammercy hotel.
It was just what we wanted and on top of that the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Visited January 2013
southern Florida
“Cosy neighborhood place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is the kind of restaurant local people go to when they don't feel like cooking(which is very common in NYC); It is reasonable priced, friendly service, and very good food. I was there on a January evening, My friends and I shared a calamari starter, I then had a house salad followed by the Beef Bourguignon which was perfect for a cold January evening.

Visited January 2013