“You won't go wrong eating here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spina - CLOSED

Spina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: East 11th Street
Transit: L train to 1st Avenue (14th Street) or 6 train to Astor Place (8th Street).
Description: Spina is a fresh Italian pasta house located in the East Village. Fresh pastas handmade by Blanca Rincon are decadently adorned with sauces and ragus. Small plates focus on Italy's love affair with seafood as well. General Manager Matthew Harrell's wine list goes international and local with some expert selections from traditional wine regions as well as the Finger Lakes located in upstate New York.Spina's brick walled, cozy dining room contains a fresh pasta bar where guests can watch our Pasta Chef Blanca prepare fresh pasta throughout their dining experience.
Ashburn, Virginia
“You won't go wrong eating here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Great Service! I was stuck in traffic getting to the city and they kept my table available...thanks!

Dining room is small, tight and a bit noisy but the Food is excellent. Very reasonably priced. Highly recommend the trip to Avenue B for a great plate of Pasta...made Fresh!

NJ
“Our favorite Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Spina is by far the best authentic restaurant around. We love love love the mussel appetizer, and the homemade pasta is just like grandma used to make, and save room for dessert....the tiramisu is to die for. Highly recommended!

1 Thank jerseygirl0920
New York City, New York
“Did not get a chance to eat there because...got kicket out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

I heard and read great reviews about Spina. Made a special trip to go there with my husband after work on a week day. I have arrived 15 min earlier than my husband did and asked if I can have a table. They said NO. The host (Matthew) told me that I could wait by the bar. Well, by the bar, there was one seat available in between some big guy and the other two people. I hinted that I would be uncomfortable there. They basically kicked me out! I do not understand how restaurants can be so unaccomodating for singles...and I was waiting for my husband! Did not try to get the food and do not think I will be back either...

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank blackslon
NJ
“SpIna rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Your neighborhood gem! Small but great restaurant from appetizers, wine, entree and dessert. Joe was awesome! From wine, food, and dessert suggestions. White wine was delightful; shrimp and duck/fig appetizers were heavenly; seafood pasta and Bolegnese pasta were to die for; and tiramisu was light and highly satisfying, while the gelato was delicious and refreshing. I will definitely return.

• Visited July 2011