“dine here”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between 80th and 81st Street
Transit: Subway: 4/5/6 train to Lexington Avenue & 86th Street. Third Avenue MTA bus to 79th Street and 3rd Avenue.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wonderful food and very special service in a pleasant refined atmosphere. We have the feeling that the people here really care -- about their customers, the food, the dining experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I LOVE Persian food. Went to 2 different restaurants while in NYC over a long weekend. This was by far the best. The food was great, rice and kabob koobideh were amazing (as good as I had in Tehran). The yogurt/cucumber salad was good, but I do prefer the cucumbers to be minced a bit smaller - but that's just a personal preference.

My only complaint is that the restaurant is too dark - but again, perhaps that's just a personal preference.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I came across "Shalezeh" by coincidence while walking with a friend on 3rd Avenue on a Saturday at lunchtime. We were planning for a quick bite at a local deli but we got attracted by the incredible set menu price of USD 16. for a starter and a main course advertised in front of the restaurant....The restaurant was quiet and we were quickly accommodated by a great staff that took our order promptly. We were offered the wonderful warm bread basket with two different types of bread accompanied by an excellent dip. We ordered the set menu which included the superb tomato and cucumber salad; as a main course we had the kebab which was grilled to perfection, succulent and moist accompanied by persian rice. The staff were attentive and kind at all times. Neither my friend nor myself could believe that we could have such an excellent meal for such a reasonable price in New York City!...

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We had the best Persian meal we have ever had at this Michelin star restaurant. The service was informal but excellent. Although they don't have a gluten free menu just about everything except tabbouleh and the bread is gluten free. They have some good modestly priced wines.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Decided at the last minute to have a late lunch here on New Years Eve, what a fortuitous decision! From appetizers to complimentary desserts, the cuisine here is outstanding. Their house made yogurt is fabulous, paired with an eggplant and sun dried tomato coulis. Main course of Rack of Lamb was to die for... absolutely the best lamb I've ever eaten. Great wine list to complement each course. The waitstaff is overly attentive.
I'm shocked at the surprisingly few reviews of this very lovely Restaurant .