“They call themselves "family" and you feel it too.”
Review of Fornino - Park Slope - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stopped in Thanksgiving evening after driving from Boston. For the holiday it was prix fix with limited (6 entree options) menu. I prefer to sit and eat at the bar and found the staff friendly, very welcoming and helpful. The duck was excellent, the wine options by the glass (I was alone after all) varied and well chosen. I wish they'd have let me swap a bourbon for the desert...they found that funny too A definite revisit.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Forninos is fabulous. Can't say enough.
I love my old 'hood for so many reasons, but wow. The hipster folks have been working hard to change Brooklyn into a less than authentic suburb-it's killing the natives!

After being told by several spots in the hood that they would be unable to accommodate our post grad dinner (their loss!), we found Forninos. Lucky us! Our family dinner was a blend of children/parents/grandparents and a variety of palates. Everyone enjoyed their meal including a very picky vegetarian.
Something about Forninos somewhat resists that less than authentic vibe despite being somewhat new. That said, it's really warm and welcoming. The pizzas are amazing-try the veggie varieties! The food in general is fresh, delicious and unexpected in terms of some of the great pairings. The wines list is really diverse and impressive. In fact, you'll find yourself trying something new as tasting is often offered.

Finally, the owners and staff of Forninos are fantastic. There's a real personal flavor with respect to how you'll be treated. It's a great spot for groups (business or celebrations), hanging with buddies, or with a hottie.
Folks are happy you're there and clearly are interested in visitors having a great experience.