“The best finish to a day ever!”

Flex Mussels - 13th Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Flex Mussels - 13th Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #658 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 6th and 7th Ave.
Transit: Take F, M, 2, 3 TO 14th Street and 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R to Union Square.
Description: Flex directly imports the hightes quality Prince Edward Mussels, and we serve oysters that taste like you're kissing the sea! Happy Hour 7 nights a week-bar and counter only $25 gets you 2 pots of selected mussel flavors, 2 orders of fries and a choice of select glass of wine or tap beer
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommended by a friend of mine as the place to go while we were in Manhattan. Boy was she right! We had a fabulous meal, the waitstaff was amazing, and the place had great atmosphere. Probably one of the best meals I have ever had!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Someone had mentioned Flex Mussels on the New York travel form here on TripAdvisor so my mother and I thought we'd check the place out while in New York last weekend.

We went to the 13th Street location. The decor is modern, the service was good and the food was excellent!

We skipped the starters but I ordered a strawberry cocktail and mum had a beer. It took a while to chose what main we wanted as there are so many delicious combinations, in the end I decided on The Copenhagen (Blue cheese, bacon lardons, spring onions and cream) and mum went with The Bisque (Lobster, tomato, brandy and cream). They were so delicious!! We're used to good mussels as we used to live in France where they are a bit of a staple and I was unsure if Flex Mussels would live up to what we've had previously but I'm very happy to report that they did - we both finished our very large pots.

Another reason for checking out Flex Mussels was because I'd read on here about the donuts, we were both absolutely stuffed but we were sure we'd find room somewhere. You get 4 donuts for $10 and we decided on the PBJ, Salted Caramel, Sugar & Cinnamon and Raspberry. If you don't like mussels its worth checking this place out for the donuts alone, they were fantastic!! Warm, fresh and with lots of filling. We managed one and a half each so they boxed the remaining 2 up for us and we enjoyed them the following day in our hotel room over a cup of tea.

Our hotel was very close to the 13th Street location but even if we were located elsewhere in the City I'd make a special journey to Flex Mussels - this speaks volumes :-)

2 Drinks, 2 mains, a side of truffle fries and dessert came to $97.00

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Flex Mussels was featured on Cooking Channel a while ago & since I cannot eat enough little black bivalves (& my husband is quite fond of them, too) we absolutely had to pay this restaurant a visit on our most recent NY trip. We went to Flex's Mussel Happy Hour with two friends who live in NY & must have polished off at least 6 pots of yummy mollusks between us - hey, at $20/person for all-you-can-eat, who wouldn't? There are three preparations offered at happy hour: classic, fra diavolo, & dijon. All were delicious. Frites & bread were abundant & promptly delivered, & the wine selection was excellent. Prices are very reasonable by NY standards even without the happy hour deals, but going when we did, we almost felt like we were getting away with something! The place was a bit noisy, but we expected that, so didn't mind. Flex, would you please consider opening a Baltimore outpost to show people in this town how shellifish should be served? Failing that, we promise to return on future NY excursions.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

You certainly want to make the trip down to 13th, between 6th and 7th for this one! Friendly, efficient service; happy clientele; wonderful mussels served in a variety of ways. The Thai version is especially noteworthy. You will not go away hungry, especially after dipping your bread into the bottom of the pot to finish things off! There must have been close to three dozen mussels in the pot. The fish and chips were excellent,among the best I have had, and the homemade tartar sauce a fine compliment. The Key Lime Pie in a glass was top notch. The mixed drinks can be pricey if you are not from NYC, but the beer selection was fine. Be sure to sample the oysters--perfectly shucked every time we have visited.

We will definitely go back, and--yes--it can be a bit noisy in the rear dining room.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

After a wonderful evening theater with my mother, I decided to treat her to something above the ordinary before she traveled back across the Hudson. I immediately thought of Flex Mussels (FM) but forgot where they were located and we were in meat packing, so I called my fiance, who was en route to us and thought FM sounded like a great idea. Well, once he confirmed that we were only 2 blocks away, I was super pumped to have my virgin FM experience.
FM not only lived up to my expectations, they also surpassed. I thank FM for a wrap-up of a wonderful evening. We had the Thai and one of the specials, fish n chips, with an extra fries and lots of wine and vokda. I loved it and you should too. Go, I promise you will be a happy returning customer.

Camille Cares <3