“Great happy hour after late afternoon stroll on the highline”

Mole Restaurante Mexicano & Tequileria
Ranked #2,155 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good guacamole and margaritas. We had the enchiladas with the mole sauce. Noisy with good energy. Overall, experience and food was enjoyable.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to Mole during a drinking holiday and was seated very quickly. Drink specials were good and extremely reasonable ($5-$7 margaritas) but the pours were a little weak. Meals were priced as you'd expect for the city ($15 tacos - $24 on the higher end sizzling dishes). We had the fresh made large spicy guacamole as a group and it lasted a fair while between the 5 of us, but you might need two if you want something to munch on during the entree. The meal was topped off by a buddy downing a large Jalapeño ... this wasn't the friendly variety. I don't recommend the peppers to the faint of heart, this restaurant's philosophy doesn't pull punches. These suckers were HOT.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Every meal I have eaten at Mole has been fantastic. Their table side guacamole is exceptional as are all their entrees. It is a lot of food so be prepared to take some home or be stuffed. (good stuffed, though! )
Service is always good, too

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Since we stayed in Williamsburg, we checked out the Mole @ Kent Ave, just off the East River. Friendly staff. Late night. Wonderful food. You might even think you are in Mexico, if you close your eyes. Since I am a "mole"-addict, I have to compare this dish with my previous Mexican tastings. And I must say, the Mole at Mole is excellent! Spicey enough, chocolaty enough.... the chicken soft and tender. Of course I am just speaking of the Brooklyn kitchen since, unfortunately I did not have the chance to compare this with one of the other NYC locations. If you are a Mexican foodie, take a trip to Mole!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We didn't think that this restaurant was anything special, pretty much an average Mexican. The food was good on the whole though. However, their burritos are huge - too big in our opinion - it was like something from Man vs Food! In contrast, my main course seemed quite limited in comparison. The atmosphere was good though, and it certainly seemed to be a popular restaurant.