“Good food,excellent service”

Ranked #1,088 of 16,638 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rose Hill
Description: In addition to fantastic food and comfortable dining, Salvatore's establishment offers professional and knowledgeable service, extensive wine list, private party room and full off premise catering menu.“ Every neighborhood should have a Coppola’s, Italian food at its best. ”N.Y.Post
Reviewed June 25, 2019

Based on Tripadvisor ratings chose this restaurant after a visit to NYU Langone Hospital a 10 minute walk away.The place has old world charm,excellent service and typical southern italian cuisine.Before 6:30 they offer a 2 course dinner with a glass of wine for $35.Delicious bruschetta was served prior to ordering ,along with warm bread and olive oil.The meals were quite good with only 2 complaints.The veal parmigiana was very tough,not the good quality veal I’m used to.The portions are big and 2 of us asked for take home packages.Unfortunately the bus boy mixed up the dishes and the recipients ended up with the wrong leftovers.Other than that we had an enjoyable meal.Would return but would not order the veal.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (163)

Reviewed June 5, 2019

Seeing the sandwich-board sign out front, I went in to try some of their home-made pasta. I sat at the bar. The bartender was also my server. He helped me choose wine and accommodated my dietary request with a special trip back to the kitchen to talk to the chef. I ended up with a pasta primavera that was good, but not something different from I might make at home. The dessert was extravagantly presented. I would definitely go back for the nice service and the relaxing atmosphere and some good (not great) vegetarian food. I would feel confident bringing friends here, if they were carnivores.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

We read other favorable reviews on TripAdvisor and wanted an Italian restaurant in the neighborhood, so we booked at Coppola's. Not disappointed. We were promptly seated and a very nice and professional server took care of us. We enjoyed the complimentary appetizer. The portions were very large but I managed to finish the eggplant parmigiana. It was that good. As in many NY restaurants, it was pretty noisy, but that's par for the course these days. Would go again when in NYC.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Great restaurant. 1st time we called in no reservation. They were very accommodating. First up was a complimentary hot bread with oil. Umm. Then bruchetta amazing. Being from Australia I was so excited to see parmigiana on the menu. I was not disappointed, my husband ordered a bolognese pasta. The service was great, the food was amazing. 5 star dining. We went back a second time for pizza & lasagne both were amazing. My wish was to try the desserts but i just could not fit it inAdvice is to share a main if wanting dessert.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

I can’t believe how hard it was to catch the game over dinner on a Sunday night in this neighborhood. Went a bar and saw the game is on TV but when I ask for the menu, they say, “Kitchen’s closed”. It was 8pm. Bartender throws the card back at me, like literally throws it. He was mad because they had a $15 card minimum but not my fault they close the kitchen so early. Went across the street and it was quite lively there and this time I even asked if they’re still serving food and I knew there was something weird about this crowd. It was Game of Thrones night so all the TVs were tuned in to this show. What? How can you even watch it without sound? Some bars only had one TV and not tuned into basketball and another great bar with a huge TV but kitchen was closed.

Finally, found this place with the game on and serving food. The bar is completely empty and the TVs quite small but it’ll do. At least I can get real food here vs the regular bar fare.

It’s quite busy here at the dining area and takeout counter is always full of orders ready to go. Service is excellent. In all, I managed to catch the game but not really the ambiance I wished for but not a terrible disaster.