Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $69.68
from $69.68
from $21.75
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

I worked with Carolyn at Welcome to Harlem to organize a half day trip with 50 middle schoolers and 8 chaperones. We had an great day of a historic walking tour and a collaboration with Michele at Hoodwinked Escape Room Harlem to provide a fun and educational field trip for the students. Knowledgable, a great pace for teens, everyone had a good time!

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

We had a great time. The guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the area. She pointed out historical buildings and had anecdotes about all of them

Reviewed April 6, 2019

This was a groupon and did not include lunch, but we knew that. That's not an option above when choosing the activity. Anyway, we are New Yorkers who moved close to Harlem (Morningside Heights) last summer and wanted to learn more. Carolyn was warm, informed, and clearly a long-time committed resident of this neighborhood. We learned a lot about the distant and recent history of streets we walk several times a week and she introduced us to the Seafood food truck at 125th and Adam Clayton Powell Blvd, a place we will definitely be returning to. Highly recommended. Also (because it's not an option) I want to specify that we were an adult couple and our adult son.

Reviewed March 18, 2019

I took the jazz tour last night with Cheryl and it was wonderful. The interesting history of Harlem and jazz was rounded out by two jazz performances. These are true jazz performers sharing their crafts and talents. I can't think of a better way to enjoy jazz than in a club in Harlem!

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank HappyCampersJuly2010
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

In January 2019, Carolyn showed me around Harlem and it was so great! She knows so much about Harlem and NYC, is so passionate about Harlem and I just found it so enjoyable and interesting walking around with her in Harlem - hearing all the stories. I have learned a lot (!) about Harlem’s history. And, looking back on my trip to NYC, Carolyn’s tour was one of the highlights during my visit. Yes, I definitely recommend Carolyn’s Mount Morris Park Historic District Tour! Thank you, Carolyn.

Date of experience: January 2019