Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $69.68
from $69.68
from $21.75
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 18, 2018

We had a great time at the Tuesday afternoon jazz concert at Greater Calvary Baptist Church. The music was wonderful and, because the event was intimate, we had a chance to talk to a couple of the musicians. We even got recommendations for where to eat and where to see some more jazz later in the week. Nice renditions of jazz classics with a few stories that made it a fun, relaxing time.

Date of experience: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed May 7, 2018

I really enjoyed to attend the Safe house jazz parlour. The staff from Welcome to Harlem was amazingly kind, the experience to see how an old Harlem townhouse looks like inside and the luxe to sit in the living room to listen to beautiful music was unforgettable. Highly recommend it!

Date of experience: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 21, 2018

I chose this tour via Groupon as a birthday present for my sister. We arrived at the meeting point and was greeted warmly by our tour guide. We toured various parts of Harlem learning about the rich history and architecture. What we appreciated most were the little bits of other information that was offered such as housing costs, upcoming events in the area and also the general humor. Because of the tour and its short duration, my sister really enjoyed her birthday. I will definitely try other options they have here.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed January 14, 2018

We were due to be in New York over Christmas so had booked for the Harlem Singers Christmas Day Celebration. Unfortunately my husband took sick & we were medically assisted back to Australia on Christmas Day. Even though we were aware that there was no refund, I sent an email to the Company before we flew out of Miami, explaining why we would be unable to attend, hoping that someone else would have the opportunity to be with the group for Christmas. About 10 minutes later I received a personal reply from Carolyn wishing us safe travels home.

She invited us to contact them when we return to NYC sometime in the future so that they can arrange a tour or for us to attend one of their jazz concerts. She was going to make a note in their records.

Because of this personal email to us I feel that the company deserves a high rating due to their caring spirit. This was definitely not a form letter.

We will definitely be attending one of the Gospel Singers concerts when we eventually get to New York.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank SMN_RVN
Reviewed December 21, 2017

This series of brass plaques honors many important members of the black community in the United States and world wide.

When I visited recently, we found this dazzling new (10-2017) mural of Dizzy Gillespie on 135th Street between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. & Frederick Douglass Boulevards. And it’s also right across the street from Dizzy’s sidewalk plaque in Harlem Walk of Fame.

Date of experience: December 2017