“Glad we made reservations.”

West Side Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
West Side Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #249 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 43rd
Transit: Bus: M42 42nd & 10th M11 42nd & 10th Subway: A,C,E Port Authority 42nd
Description: Classic American Steakhouse, Shrimp Cocktail, Crab Cakes , Slab Bacon for starters traditional Salads, Caesar , Beefsteak Tomato and Onion, and more. 29 day Aged Certidfied Angus Beef. which includes cuts like: NY Strip, Rib-Eye T-Bone , Filet Mignon , Porterhouse, and much more Specialty Dishes , Seafood, traditionl Steakhouse Side dishes like Cream Spinach and Homefries. In a casual setting. Without the high prices Usually found at other Steakhouses.
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

On our way back home from Boston, my husband and I wanted to wander around NYC for little while, and maybe grab a bite to eat. So while passing through Connecticut, we made reservations to West Side Steakhouse. I'm glad we did. I had the filet mignon which was really, really, delicious. My husband had the salmon filet, which he said was really good. Our son, who usually picks at his food ate everything on his plate! I definitely want to come back here on my next trip to NYC.

2  Thank TravelHappyRoadies

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was not full but we still waited 40 minutes from ordering until our food was served. Staff seemed indifferent and much more focused on the delivery orders. The burger was good-perfectly cooked and juicy but the steak was dry and the spinach oversalted and oily.

1  Thank Krickett78
Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you like steak at a reasonable price, this steakhouse is the best place in NYC. It is on the West side between 43rd and 44th street. Having gone to this place at least 25 times because we used to live in the area, I can honestly say we always received great steak and sides, w/o ever being dissappointed. The NY Strip and Porterhouse are expecially great. Other great dishes include Pasta with chicken and brocoli. Service is always good as well, and the desserts delicious as evidenced by the fact that our 5 year old friend was always quiet while eating dessert. Not that we didn't love to hear him talk. So if you want a great steak place without spending too much, this is the best place you will find. And the owners and service are always friendly.

1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here for a special meal for my partner's 40th while on holiday in NYC. Chose this restaurant after researching on Trip Advisor as we both love steak.

Had calamari to start and the Porterhouse steak to share, cooked exactly as requested and was the best steak I have had in years. Also three sides and decent bottle of wine. All in came to about $150 including a decent tip.
Staff were friendly and attentive.
Overall I would really recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank neiljohnson
Reviewed January 19, 2013

loved it best meal for a long time wish it was closer to home. we had the portrhouse between us 56oz 48oz after taking the bone out lovely service had 2 drink 3 side orders an the porter house bill was $101 including service charge (tip)

1  Thank csbme3