“First thing on the Agenda”
Review of City Running Tours

City Running Tours
Book In Advance
America's Roots Running Tour
Brooklyn Bridge Running Tour
Central Park Running Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: City Running Tours offers both guided group and personalized running tours to accommodate any athletic ability, style, training regimen or specific landmarks. Our goal is to shape each tour based on our client's needs both as a runner and a tourist and because of this, they love the intimacy, breadth of knowledge, and the unique and local perspective that our running tours offer. We are a team of running enthusiasts providing an opportunity to experience a city in an exciting way. We connect with like minded individuals from all over the world because of our passion for running as well as the city we call home. Through this reward, we are able to showcase the history and culture of a city while promoting a healthy lifestyle, instilling self confidence and making people feel like themselves. Our service is ideal for the business traveler who is tired of the hotel treadmill, the marathon runner who is training for a race, or the recreational runner who wants to explore new and interesting routes. Experience New York City at street level through the eyes and legs of someone who works, plays and runs there. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you!
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The City Running Tour NYC was the first thing on my agenda. I booked the East Village tour and loved that the night before Michael Gazaleh was courtious enough to text me directions on how to get there from my hotel. He also gave me the phone no.'s of my tour guides RYan & Jill in case I was running late. That personal touch was worth the price itself. We met at Washington Square which was the perfect setting for the tour in the East Village where the roots of Art & Music can be traced down. I could of not asked for better tour guides, Ryan & Jill were Amazing, they truly know about the history of the landmarks around the east village. I loved that they added their own personal stories about their journeys in NYC. The weather was perfect the pace was just right and the experience was Breath-taking. Im glad to see the Michael is branching out with the Running Tours to different cities. Ryan & Jill keep up the great work. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Did the brooklyn brewery tour, and it was awesome even before the beer.
Getting a taste of the neighborhoods and the streets with a knowledgable guide was a great experience. You can enjoy the scenery, you use your brains a bit to learn about the history of New York and all this without the discomfort of standing in a cramped herd of slow walkers or falling asleep in a burning hot bus! This is an extremely relaxing and fun way to visit. I can hardly think of a better way to use tourist time.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great way to run in an unfamiliar city whilst being given a tour of the sights. Spencer pitched the route just right - I only wish I'd had a map with me so that I could have gone through the route with him afterwards! Would recommend this to any runners visiting a new city.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thank you City Running Tours NYC! I had a brilliant run with Spencer and didn't even notice the mileage because I was too busy looking at all the sights while Spencer filled me in on the history. It made the PAIN just disappear! A running tour is a really great way to see a city too. I've never done one before but will certainly consider it again. I saw things I'd never have seen doing the usual "touristy" sights on a limited time budget. Michael and Spencer from City Running Tours sorted out a route for me, based on my requests. I didn't have to worry about where to meet either as Spencer picked me up at the hotel and I was lucky enough to run through Battery Park, Wall Street, across the Brooklyn Bridge, through Dumbo, across the Manhattan Bridge, Chinatown, Soho, Little Italy, Washington Park Square, Greenwich Village, the HighLine.... It was really brilliant! Thank you so much City Running Tours!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Weather cooperated for the most part, but we did battle a period of time with some steady rain. No matter! The run was fun and interesting, with Johanna's knowledge evident as she explained the history of the various sites on Roosevelt Island.
This was a 3-generation run: me, my daughter and my 2 year old grandson. All 3 of us loved it!

1  Thank mystang52